Amazon and IBM are the "cloud champions" according to a new report, but Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Red Hat and VMware are also among the list of heavyweights in the emerging cloud computing field.
A majority of consumers want to interact with companies over social networks like Facebook and Twitter, but only 30 per cent of businesses are prepared for it, according to a survey.
A well-known cryptographic attack could be used by hackers to log into Web applications used by millions of users, according to two security experts who plan to discuss the issue at an upcoming security conference.
As operating system upgrades go, Apple's iOS 3.2.1 patch for the iPad may not break new ground, but it does fix a few nagging problems, most notably a Wi-Fi connectivity issue reported by many iPad users.
Google grew its revenue and profits in the second quarter, but while revenue topped Wall Street's expectations, profits fell short.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday reported a net loss during the second quarter of fiscal 2010, breaking a streak of two consecutive quarters of profitability.
Optus and Nokia Siemens Networks successfully demonstrated Long Term Evolution (LTE) mobile technology at a Thai restaurant in Gordon, Sydney, today, but did not make clear exactly when the upgrade to its 3G network would take place.
Newly established independent software vendor (ISV), Personal Audio, is targeting hardcore gamers with its surround sound audio software.
That is all.
The race for the No. 2 spot among PC vendors may be to close to call, with analyst firms disagreeing over whether or not Dell lagged behind rival Acer during the second quarter.
Texas Instruments on Wednesday agreed to buy two chip factories in Japan, adding to other distressed chip assets its been able to purchase since the global recession hit last year.
Consumer Reports magazine said on Wednesday that Apple iPhone 4 owners can eliminate reception problems by enclosing their phones in the "Bumper" case Apple sells.
Finjan has sued five rival security companies, including Symantec and McAfee, claiming it holds crucial patents used by popular antivirus products and security services.
As you're probably already aware, 2009's spin-savvy music sim DJ Hero is getting an official sequel. What you probably didn't know was the long, long list of cross-genre artists that DJ Hero 2 will feature.
How many times have you gone to plug in a USB device, only to get it wrong and try to plug it in upside down? Ultratek is guessing that it's a fairly common occurrence, and it's recently introduced a USB connector that can be inserted regardless of i...
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- CCChange AnalystACT
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC