Facebook on Monday made it possible for members to lift privacy access controls from certain elements of their profiles, so that anyone on the social-networking site can see them.
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) will migrate some 40,000 student user accounts to Microsoft’s Live@edu hosted messaging and storage platform providing an alternative to the successful Google Apps education surge.
Chip maker Intel on Monday sent a notice to rival Advanced Micro Devices that it violated a patent cross-licensing agreement when it spun off a manufacturing arm into a separate company.
One of the patches Microsoft Corp. issued last week is nothing of the sort, according to a researcher who Monday accused Microsoft of making functionality a higher priority than security.
Hewlett-Packard will begin selling on Monday laptop batteries that are guaranteed to last three years.
Graphics chip vendor Nvidia spent US$43.6 million during its last fiscal year to cover warranty and product replacement claims related to graphics chips that were manufactured and sold with a weak packaging material, the company said on Friday.
Toshiba has announced three new Full HD LCD television ranges. The TVs range in size from 42in to 52in, with prices ranging from $2199 to $4299.
Hosted computer access and management application LogMeIn is planning to support Linux “this year” in response to growing demand for the platform.
Security company Sophos has lashed out at the BBC for commandeering some 22,000 computers earlier this month, claiming the move was a reckless breach of privacy that could inspire a wave of vigilante copycats.
Apple TV may get a Nintendo Wii-like remote control according to <a href="http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1...
The TinyURL service allows you to enter a long URL, such as one for a particular Google Maps location, and convert it into a short, easy-to-type or e-mail link. Good for sending links - or as Trend Micro reports, for hiding a malicious Web site URL i...
A mother from Ohio says her son's iPod Touch exploded in his pants, caught fire, and left him with serious burns. Now, she's suing Apple for US$225,000 in damages.
U2 frontman Bono described Apple's iPod in 2004 as "the most interesting artistic creation in pop since the electric guitar." The band built heavy ties with Apple, appearing live onstage with Steve Jobs and in Apple TV ads performing the hit single "...
Westpac has received a slap on the wrist by the communications watchdog for making prohibited telemarketing calls to its customers.
Just how much is a lost Xbox 360 worth? Could it be $83,333 per week? $11,111 per day? $463 per hour? Make that $1 million total, or how much either an extraordinarily irate or incredibly enterprising Yale film major is suing US Airways for, after so...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW