Intel is talking to several companies to use their Web software programming tools with the AppUp store, including Adobe Air and Microsoft Silverlight, but it's having a hard time finding anyone to talk to about Java.
As if Oracle did not have enough work convincing MySQL users of its good intentions, the company also should set its sites on getting the Java platform back on track, contends a Google chief architect.
Twitter on Tuesday introduced a new service called Promoted Tweets, which will let companies send ads in the form of ordinary messages, according to a blog posted by co-founder Biz Stone.
Simon the robot, who has the ability to learn new tasks, got his first public outing at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Atlanta Monday.
Intel on Tuesday reported strong earnings for the first quarter of fiscal 2010, with the company calling it the "best first quarter ever."
Microsoft Research and Carnegie Mellon University publicly unveiled work at the Computer Human Interaction conference in Atlanta Monday that makes an entire body a touch interface. Called Skinput, the system listens to the sounds made by tapping on p...
The European Commission will launch a public consultation on the issue of network neutrality this quarter, Neelie Kroes, commissioner for the digital agenda, said Tuesday.
Twitter is finally taking off the training wheels and moving into the world where real businesses tread with the launch today of its first advertising model.
Apple has updated the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models with Intel's Core i5 and i7 processors, which will include two integrated graphics processors to improve the laptops' battery life and performance.
1Password encrypts, stores and organizes your passwords and other private information, and automates logins for Web sites and other Internet services.
Rockstar's Facebook app, Red Dead Redemption: Gunslingers, is not the kind of Facebook game you can get away with playing at work. While you could mute the sound and get one of those screen shields, the game is just too high-quality to cover up what ...
Opera Mini on the iPhone displays 'tabs' of already-opened pages. Opera Software announced today that Apple had approved its Opera Mini browser for the iPhone and iPod touch, and that the software would be available for download within the next 24 ho...
Activision has issued an official response to GamePro regarding the former creative heads of Modern Warfare 2 signing on with rival EA. Jason West and Vince Zampella, who were sacked from Infinity Ward for 'insubordination' last month, today announce...
Two California women have sued security company McAfee, accusing it of duping customers into subscribing to third-party services and passing consumers' credit or debit card information to the service supplier without their permission.
Australian Internet service provider iiNet yesterday announced a partnership with FetchTV to deliver digital TV over broadband.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW