Sencha on Thursday is rolling out a mobile application development framework that leverages HTML5 technologies.
The widespread adoption of smartphones across the globe is going to bring in the third wave of 3G networks use, consequently driving network traffic up and leading to congestion, executives from Nokia Siemens Networks remarked Tuesday.
Microsoft, eBay and Citizens Bank have launched a new Internet fraud alert service designed to allow them to better share information about compromised accounts with each other in an effort to better fight online fraud.
Microsoft will release a new mobile OS for enterprise handheld devices later this year as it tries to simplify the Windows Mobile upgrade cycle for customers, the company said Thursday.
Google will unveil on Thursday what it calls significant improvements to Commerce Search, a cloud-hosted search service that online retailers can sign up for to power their e-stores' search functions.
Toshiba America Electronic Components Inc. today announced plans to ship a 128GB embedded NAND flash memory module, the highest capacity available for smart phones, tablet PCs and digital video cameras.
Twitter on Thursday kicked off a test of a new revenue source.
Apple's iPad may soon put a stake in the heart of netbooks, research analysts said this week.
Microsoft is confirming that "many thousands" of pre-release Windows Phone 7 handsets will be given to selected developers starting in July, but confusion over how that will be done continues.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
U.K. government ministers are not allowed to use Apple's iPhone but Blackberries are fine, presumably for security reasons, according Health Secretary Simon Burns .
PC maker Lenovo on Thursday announced its first 3D laptop, aimed at gamers and users who want to watch HD movies.
Microsoft is running a contest looking for ideas for Windows Phone 7 apps, offering the winner US$5,000, a free phone and a promise to actually develop and offer the app by the end of the year.
The remaining pool of unallocated IPv4 addresses could be depleted as early as December due to unprecedented levels of broadband and wireless adoption in the Asia Pacific region, experts say.
Apple's iPhone 4 boasts 512MB of system memory, double the amount in last year's iPhone 3GS and the newer iPad tablet, Computerworld has confirmed.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
- PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTJunior CAD/CAM Software DeveloperQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW