One day in the distant future, when our descendents complain about their sluggish "yottabit" Internet connections, they may -- thanks to the efforts of a University of California Davis student -- state their desired network performance in hellabits.
Making a call using a mobile device over a wireless cellular network is so commonplace today that it's easy to forget the huge networks, comprised of wires, cell towers, routers, switches and data centers, that power those calls.
Making good on a promise two months ago, Microsoft today updated its Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) preview, a sneak peek that targets Web developers and others eager to try out the company's next browser.
Another day, another Facebook security snafu. The popular social network has patched a major security bug that allowed users to snoop on their friends' private chats, and view their pending friend requests.
Angling to get in on the social networking craze, Microsoft yesterday showed off an early technical preview of a new tool that would aggregate social media.
The first applications based on the work done by the Wholesale Applications Community will arrive in February next year, but meanwhile developers can get to work in September, the organization said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard in India has been issued a show-cause notice to pay 14.5 billion Indian rupees (US$325 million) for evasion of customs duty, according to a statement on the Web site of the country's Ministry of Finance.
In his interview with CSO last week, FireEye Chief Security Architect Marc Maiffret lamented what he sees as <a href="http://www.csoonline.com/podcast/592577">the inability of security vendors to keep up with the malware innovations</a> made in the p...
Apple's refusal to allow Flash on the iPhone hurts innovation and is "like 1984 in a lot of ways," Adobe Systems' CTO said on Wednesday, implying that Apple has become the "Big Brother" it rebelled against in its iconic TV ad from that year.
Although sales were flat in its enterprise businesses, a jump in consumer sales helped Symantec boost earnings by about 5 percent during its most recent quarter.
A bug allowed Facebook users to view their friends' chat sessions on the site, prompting the social-networking company to disable its internal instant-messaging service. The bug also let people see their friends' pending friend requests.
Mobile social-networking company GyPSii has released an upgraded version of its Tweetsii application for the iPhone, and also added a version for Android, it said on Wednesday.
Clearwire's WiMax mobile broadband will come to 19 more markets across the U.S. this summer, with partner Sprint Nextel reselling the service in all those areas and partners Comcast and Time Warner Cable coming on board in some of them.
Google will begin rolling out design changes to its search results pages on Wednesday, including permanently opening a panel on the left-hand column that contains result-refinement controls.
Sony Ericsson's Xperia X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro will all get upgraded from Android 1.6 to version 2.1 during the fourth quarter, the phone vendor said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Corded headphones can now be wireless with Griffin's iTrip Clip Bluetooth adapter
- The Warlock of Firetop Mountain review: Another 1980s sword-and-board adapted for the modern era
- Google's new Crowdsource app wants human help for better translations and Maps info
- Google quietly discontinues the Chromebook Pixel 2
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCBig Data SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCAutomation Test Engineer with Baseline clearance (or higher)VIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (PC LAN/UNIX) 160908/SITA/901Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW