Google Chrome is now the third-most-popular browser in the U.S., behind Microsoft's Internet Explorer and Mozilla's Firefox, but ahead of Apple's Safari for the first time, according to a study by Web analytics company StatCounter.
MIT Media Lab researchers have developed a mobile-phone application that, coupled with a small plastic device held over the screen, can determine users' eyeglass prescriptions. Called NETRA or near-eye tool for refractive assessment, the system asks ...
The U.S. Supreme Court has ducked the question of whether the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) should continue to issue software patents in a ruling Monday striking down a business-method patent.
SoftLayer aims to let customers pay for only what they need with a new infrastructure-as-a-service pricing model it calls Build Your Own Cloud.
What's Microsoft cooking up for Windows 8? We've already heard rumors of a 128-bit operating system with a 2012 release date, but what about the cool stuff that would make an upgrade worthwhile? A few Windows aficionado sites have just posted leaked ...
Microsoft has sold 150 million copies of Windows 7 in nine months--that is, seven copies per second. It's the fastest-selling operating system in history. Vista, by contrast, was such a flop that users couldn't wait to get rid of it.
Location-based services on a mobile phone are terrifically helpful when you need to find a nearby business or directions to the freeway.
Google's Chrome has now integrated Adobe's Flash directly into the browser. Chrome 5.0.376.86 was released over Google's Stable channel and is now available to download for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The update also includes five bug fixes, including t...
Thin client company, Pano Logic has responded to criticism that rolling out its Zero Client across an enterprise could put too high a burden on capital expense. The company has introduced a new initiative, Pano Express, across North America and is re...
Most large enterprises won't move their established applications on to cloud services for years but are embracing the technology for new projects, the head of Rackspace's cloud business said on Thursday at the Structure 2010 conference in San Francis...
SAN management company Virtual Instruments has launched a version of its Net Wisdom monitoring product. VirtualWisdom 2.0 measures the effect of virtualised applications on corporate SANs, including 0 includes instrumentation, measurement and analysi...
In a recent column, my Security Manager's Journal counterpart, Mathias Thurman, wrote about securing virtual desktop environments. My company is going through the same exercise of evaluating VDI as a replacement for traditional desktops. As Mathias p...
The ever-canny Kogan Technologies has jumped on the Julia Gillard bandwagon with the release of a new HD TV: the JULIA32. The Kogan JULAI32 is a 32-inch Full HD television boasting two HDMI outputs, a USB port capable of playing movie files and a str...
Microsoft reports that it has sold more than 150 million copies of the Windows 7 desktop operating system in the roughly nine months it's been available--making it the fastest selling OS in history. Windows 7 has more than redeemed Microsoft for the ...
Intel tried to push back at coverage of a recently published paper that found its Core i7 processors couldn't match the parallel processing performance of an Nvidia GPU, saying its rival took the findings of the paper out of context in a blog post th...
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Severe vulnerability in Cisco's WebEx extension for Chrome leaves PCs open to easy attack
- Microsoft tries to expel Chromebooks from schools with Intune app and low-cost PCs
- If we show you how to back up your PC for free, will you finally do it?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCOracle SQL DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW