Broadcom increased its bet on the Android mobile operating system on Tuesday, announcing additional capabilities for its software stack and a new chip for navigation in Android-based devices.
According to one medical software vendor, physicians are already warming up to Apple's coming tablet, the iPad, with 22 per cent percent of clinicians in a survey saying they plan to purchase the device within a year.
Opera Software plans to demo a version of its Opera Mini browser for the iPhone at the Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona next week. Opera Mini will offer faster browsing than Apple's Safari, which ships on iPhones, Opera said Wednesday.
Cisco has been saying for years that mobile video data traffic content is exploding, and it now expects the amount of video traffic in 2014 to be 66% of all mobile data traffic by 2014. That prediction came in a new forecast by the networking company...
The latest smartphone for a mass market has been unveiled not by Apple or Nokia or any other recognizable consumer electronics company but by a messaging software vendor that services mobile carriers.
The Australian Parliament's Web site was hit by an apparent denial-of-service attack Wednesday, two days after the hacking group Anonymous threatened attacks over the government's plan to filter Web content.
IBM has found what it claims to be a less costly way to build solar cells.
Intel said this week that it plans to launch its embedded storage chip, code-named Jasper Forest, in the next several days.
Your friends and family are on Twitter, as are celebrities and even astronauts, so why shouldn't your dog be on as well? That will soon happen thanks to an iPhone application that "translates" dog barks into English and tweets them out to the world.
Sony took a lead in pushing 3D movies to homes, announcing on Wednesday a new Blu-ray Disc player and upgrades to existing players so that they will be able to show high-definition 3D movies too.
Google's introduction of Google Buzz came on short notice, but it's no small announcement.
Over the years, many video games have had cool titles. Off the top of our head, some examples include Skate or Die!, Carmageddon (do you see what they did there?), Midnight Resistance and Punky Skunk. But none of these come close to what the Grimoire...
At next week's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Juniper Networks will launch products that integrate mobile networks into its MX 3D Universal Edge routers and let third party vendors integrate their applications into mobile networks.
As virtualization stretches deeper into the enterprise to include mission-critical and resource-intensive applications, IT executives are learning that double-digit physical-to-virtual server ratios are things of the past.
As a new decade opens, more and more data centre operators find themselves struggling with an enterprise bottleneck not of their own making.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW