The latest version of software that allows iPhone owners to install applications not approved by Apple has been released just days after the practice was declared legal under U.S. copyright law.
Apple's iOS, in the newer iPhones and the iPad, is now secure enough for many enterprise to deploy, according to a report from Forrester Research. But even the most recent version of iOS, in the iPhone 4, falls well short of the high security offered...
Sorry, e-mail. You've just taken a back seat to both social networks and and online games.
For the second straight month, Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser gained ground in the usage share race, a company manager said today.
As promised, Microsoft today issued an emergency patch for the critical Windows shortcut bug attackers have been exploiting for several weeks.
Astronauts will use robotics in at least one of two emergency spacewalks that have been set up to make critical repairs to the International Space Station after part of its cooling system stopped working over the weekend.
State government CIOs are focusing on upgrading IT systems to support some 24 million people expected to be using state health insurance exchanges by 2019 as part of the national health care legislation passed by Congress late last year.
Microsoft today said that it will not sell upgrades for the upcoming Office for Mac 2011, mimicking the move it made earlier this year when it ditched upgrades for the Windows Office 2010.
Microsoft's Windows 7 reached a major milestone in July, while Apple's Mac OS X lost ground for the fourth straight month, a Web analytics firm said Sunday.
A newly launched Google site for Chinese users appears to be blocked in China just days after it went online.
Researchers at AVG have uncovered a botnet that has been harvesting personal information and uses the latest version of the Zeus code, underscoring the widespread use of the sophisticated malware.
Global provider of security, storage and systems management solutions Symantec saw longer procurement cycles due to continued cautiousness among IT buyers.
Global chip sales jumped in the second quarter on robust demand for PCs and wireless handsets, the Semiconductor Industry Association said on Monday.
Sluggish sales and hard-to-get loans may blight the business landscape, but cutting energy waste can bring a big payoff to a small company. To shave liabilities off your profit-and-loss statement, aim to slash your power consumption instead of your w...
Hot on the heels of the U.S. Copyright office declaring jailbreaking smartphones legal, a new web-based iOS jailbreak tool has surfaced. The new tool makes the jailbreaking process leaps and bounds simpler than past PC-based tools.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanACT
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst x2QLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT