Dell on Wednesday said it had laid off staff at different sites worldwide in an effort to cut costs and streamline operations.
Microsoft is currently being sued over technology that allows Halo players to host and participate in online games, according to the Boston Globe.
One Laptop Per Child is set to dump x86 processors, instead opting to put low-power Arm-based processors in its next-generation XO-2 laptop with the aim of improving battery life.
Stung by his low scores in Monday's premiere of the reality TV show Dancing with the Stars, Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak struck back early Tuesday, saying the judges were "not in tune" with the public.
Scientists in the UK are using nanotechnology to blast cancer cells in mice with "tumor busting" genes, giving new hope to patients with inoperable tumors.
Microsoft on Wednesday revealed it will pay developers 70 percent of sales for applications they develop and sell on a Windows Mobile application marketplace introduced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last month.
A New Zealand company called VortexDNA has launched the Web Genome Project as an alternative way to search the Web.
In a reprise of his pledge to change a little over a year ago, eBay CEO John Donahoe reiterated on Wednesday that the company must adapt to new e-commerce market dynamics and must be more hands-on in managing its online marketplace.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Sales of smartphones increased by 3.7 percent during the fourth quarter last year, compared to the same period in 2007, according to Gartner.
Search engine Google has revealed that the files of some Google Docs users have been shared with unauthorised users.
EMC expects demand for its Mozy online backup service to continue growing, despite the challenging business environment and weak consumer demand, the company's top executive said.
A group dedicated to fighting phishing scams has developed a way for police and other organizations to report e-crimes in a common data format readable by a Web browser or other application.
Microsoft is trying to stamp out the Koobface worm, which has spread aggressively on social networking sites such as Facebook and MySpace, the company said Tuesday.
When people plan for their death, they make sure their homes, cars and money are left to someone. But what about their Facebook page?
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW