South Korean police on Tuesday raided Google offices in an investigation of the company's Street View mapping project, the latest instance of a country scrutinizing the company's collection of Wi-Fi data
After delays, Dell will start to ship the highly anticipated Streak mobile Internet device to customers in the U.S. this week.
Microsoft has launched a new Windows 7 campaign to take on Mac OS X. A new tab on the Windows 7 sites compares Windows 7 to Mac OS X in a number of areas--listing out the reasons that Windows 7 is the superior choice. Most of the points made by Micro...
Would-be Internet telephony giant Skype has filed the paperwork for an initial public offering (IPO) on Nasdaq, the company has announced.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott last night declared he was "no Bill Gates" in a lengthy interview on the ABC's 7:30 Report in which he appeared to display a lack of understanding of the Coalition's new broadband policy unveiled yesterday morning and re...
Browsing in "private mode" isn't as private as users think, a researcher said today.
Microsoft today issued a record 14 security updates to patch a record-tying 34 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and Silverlight.
IBM made the latest in its long run of acquisitions on Tuesday, announcing the purchase of document capture software vendor Datacap. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Hoping to undercut the prices of business intelligence (BI) appliances offered by other vendors, Sybase and Hewlett-Packard have posted a reference architecture for building a BI system that could cost significantly less than most pre-packaged BI app...
Data warehousing vendor Teradata has quietly scooped up Kickfire, a startup analytic appliance vendor known for its use of the open-source MySQL database and a SQL processing chip to boost query performance.
Communications Minister Stephen Conroy yesterday opened fire on Tony Abbott, labelling him a "Luddite" for not having appearing to have anything to do with his party's technology policies, on a day in which the Canberra press gallery also criticised ...
Surprising no one, Motorola will swap the original Droid phone with the Droid 2 on Thursday, when it launches on Verizon Wireless.
Oracle has sketched out a five-year road map for Sun's Sparc-based servers, hoping to reassure customers about the future of the platform and reverse a pattern of declining sales.
Toshiba on Tuesday introduced a new hard drive feature that can wipe out data after the storage devices are powered down.
Google will roll out on Tuesday enhancements to Gmail's contacts manager, which the company acknowledges has been traditionally the webmail service's weakest link.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest Automation Lead | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW