SAN FRANCISCO -- Siemens is invoking the model of iPhone-application development by opening a site in Amazon's cloud to encourage creation of unified communications apps, priming the pump with a mashup it created that mixes its UC gear with Twitter.
Webmasters who find an annoying error message on their sites may have caught a big break, thanks to a slip-up by the authors of the Gumblar botnet.
Novell has unveiled an enterprise social networking suite that is integrated with Google's new Wave application and lets co-workers collaborate on documents.
Oracle is planning an aggressive fight with European regulators if its attempt to take over Sun is slapped with a statement of objections in the coming week, said people close to the company Wednesday.
New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo has filed a federal antitrust lawsuit against microprocessor maker Intel, alleging that the company engaged in a "systematic campaign" of illegal conduct to protect a monopoly.
New York's antitrust suit filed against Intel Corp. today, coupled with previous antitrust actions and lawsuits, could give rivals like Advanced Micro Devices Inc. room to pick up some steam in the processor business. New York Attorney General Andrew...
High Tech Computer (HTC) on Wednesday launched the HD2 smartphone, a thin, light handset with a big 4.3-inch touchscreen.
Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system has been doing well in the market since it launched nearly two weeks ago, Microsoft executives said Wednesday.
Web sites such as job boards face a persistent problem: their data is constantly pilfered by automated bots.
Reports that the Linux netbook is dead or dying are incorrect, at least globally, according to an analyst firm.
Microsoft is laying off another 800 people, adding to the 5,000 the company has already let go this year.
Google upgraded the beta version of its Chrome browser yesterday, adding integrated bookmark synchronization and boasting of a 30% speed improvement over the current production edition.
In further confirmation that Internet crooks tend to grab for the low-hanging fruit, a new Microsoft report reveals that the most common browser-based attacks tend to go after old software flaws. Making sure you've closed those holes can go a long wa...
Nearly 1.7 million T-Mobile USA subscribers are affected by a service disruption that hit the mobile operator beginning late Tuesday afternoon.
It's one of the basic tenets of online security: Never use the same password/username combo for every website that requires one. The logic is sound, of course. A single security breach could expose your most private information -- such as banking and...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IBM applies some engineering rigor to the Internet of Things
- Microsoft's buys sales-gamification startup with eye to CRM combo
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Monday, Aug. 3
- China clamps down on exports of drones and supercomputers
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW