Firefox 4's first beta is 27% faster than Mozilla's more stable browser, Firefox 3.6.6, but still lags behind rivals including Chrome, Opera and Safari, benchmark tests show.
SAP has vowed to make all data from its systems that would be useful on the move available on mobile devices.
The problem with Apple's iPhone 4 Facetime commercial is that not everyone has an iPhone 4, and that's just not happening.
Advocates of the concept called singularity envision a future in which humans and technology fully converge, but a keynote speaker at the World Future Society conference voiced skepticism about the idea, citing the complexities of the human mind.
Yahoo's real estate site will rely exclusively on Zillow for sales listings, as Yahoo continues its trend of handing over some of its portal services to specialists.
Even after cutting a damages award in a file-sharing case to one-tenth the original sum, a judge said Friday the new fine was still excessive.
Although many people already are engrossed in cyberspace, judging by the amount of communicating, socializing and commerce conducted online, we're at the advent of what will be a near total immersion in technology and the Internet, according to a tec...
Patent holding company NTP, which received a US$612.5 million settlement from BlackBerry marker Research In Motion in a patent infringement case, has filed patent lawsuits against six makers of smartphones or related software, including Apple and Goo...
Google's Orkut social networking site has been beset with bugs lately, leading the company to apologize for spotty service.
Google's recent restoration of Google.cn may have helped the company secure a renewal of its Internet Content Provider (ICP) license in China, but the search site provides precious few search services to users.
Google is paying for research to shut down spammers on . . . Twitter and Facebook?
Could it be that Americans are starting to grow a bit weary of Facebook, which has captivated our attention and much of our free time?
The Beijing government's decision to renew Google's license to do business in China could be a big step in a long process of negotiations between Google and China to find a way to coexist.
Cloud computing will top the Internet in importance as development of the Web continues, according to a university professor who spoke on Friday at the World Future Society conference in Boston.
Owning an Android smartphone means never having to say 'I don't know'
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT