Sometimes manufacturers and software developers do strange things, like package a VGA cable with a monitor that should use a HDMI or DVI connection, or change file formats on you, or keep asking you to accept a EULA.
Google's search service and search advertising products generated an estimated US$54 billion for U.S. businesses, Web site publishers and nonprofit groups in 2009, according to a study the company has released.
Hewlett-Packard knocked IBM from the top spot in worldwide server revenue during the first quarter, as the market for x86 systems picked up but sales of Unix and mainframe systems continued to decline, Gartner said on Tuesday.
Google has removed the beta label from the latest version of its <a href="http://www.google.com/chrome">Chrome</a> browser, marking the first time a "stable release" is available for the Linux and Mac OS platforms, not just Windows.
A Mozilla employee yesterday outlined a sly new attack tactic dubbed "tabnapping" that can dupe users into giving up passwords by secretly changing already-open browser tabs.
Google today shifted the Mac version of Chrome out of beta and into what it calls a "stable" channel, meaning that it considers the browser solid enough for day-in-day-out use.
U.S. copyright official Steven Tepp said Tuesday he doesn't understand many of the current objections to the proposed Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA), a 37-nation effort to enforce copyright and counterfeit laws across international border...
Dell on Tuesday announced it would ship its first handheld device, called Streak, in June, but it is also looking to develop devices with larger screen sizes as it tries to establish a foothold in the competitive mobile market.
If you're in the market for the fastest notebook graphics card ever, today may be your lucky day: Nvidia just announced its GeForce GTX 480M, which it claims is the speediest notebook GPU in the world. Designed from the ground up to support DirectX ...
Galaxy Internet Services, an ISP for homes and businesses in Massachusetts, has filed a class-action lawsuit against Google over the search company's admitted blunder that it sniffed and stored data from Wi-Fi networks.
Google technologists are hopeful that audio capabilities they are developing for browsers could serve as industry-standard technology.
What if you hadn't thrown away the old and clunky--but beloved--technology that littered your youth? Would your <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/173033/evolution_of_the_cell_phone.html">first cell phone</a>, computer, or early Pong system be w...
Do you own a hidden gem and not even know it? In the world of collectible technology, the answer typically depends on the rarity of the item and the condition it is in. If you still have the box, the item is more desirable and commands a greater pric...
Google said that it has secured the data it obtained through its Street View Wi-Fi snooping, but will fight a class-action lawsuit's demand that it turn over more information, court documents showed today.
The London Stock Exchange has said its new open source-based trading system will save it at least £10 million annually, as well as driving new business.
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW