Despite recent insinuations that female protagonists may negatively impact game sales, a recent study held by the EEDAR (Electronic Entertainment Design and Research) shows that this current generation boasts more playable female characters than ever...
Microsoft is still refusing to showcase Hyper-V at VMworld in protest of VMware rules that Microsoft believes are designed to limit competition, but that doesn't mean the Microsoft hype machine will abstain from anti-VMware marketing.
Apple will stick to its practice of revamping its iPod line next week, but other moves, including possible tweaks to its Apple TV box, will likely be minor, a Wall Street analyst said.
With Microsoft and Yahoo officially teaming up in the search market this week, it's time to wait and see if this move could eat into Google's hearty lead over its top opponents.
Facebook announced that it is ending support for Internet Explorer 6. Granted, it is only pulling the plug on IE6 in its chat function, but the move by Facebook is the latest effort to shift away from the outdated browser that refuses to die.
Microsoft has given web users a sneak peak of what Internet Explorer 9 will look like ahead of the launch of an IE9 beta on September 15.
Mozilla this week said it's unlikely that the final version of Firefox 4 will run on older Macs equipped with PowerPC processors.
In a rare break for LimeWire, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) last week decided to drop its investigation into the embattled software company's controversial Peer-to-Peer file sharing software.
The U.S. military wants to exert more influence over the protection of power grids, transportation networks and financial network systems, a Pentagon official says in a broad-ranging essay published in Foreign Affairs.
Intel considered acquiring either Symantec or McAfee for years before it announced> last week that it would buy the latter, former Intel senior vice president Pat Gelsinger said on Thursday.
Reports are surfacing that Intel is close to finalizing an agreement to buy the wireless unit of Neubiberg, Germany-based Infineon Technologies.
Even though we're due to run out of IPv4 addresses in the next year, AT&T doesn't expect enterprises to be fully IPv6-ready when D-Day arrives.
Research In Motion has offered to lead an industry forum in India focused on supporting the lawful access needs of law enforcement agencies, while preserving the legitimate information security needs of corporations and other organizations in India, ...
When Canonical broke the news recently that Ubuntu 10.10 will include uTouch 1.0, a multitouch and gesture stack, it caused a flurry of excitement about the Linux release's potential for use in tablets.
Remember wristwatches? With the surge in smartphones and their instant access to time and other information, fewer people seem to wear a watch these days.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT