Researchers at Flinders University in Adelaide have developed a way to expand the reach of mobile phone networks by turning each mobile into a mesh network node using standard wireless technology.
Facebook users in the UK can now add a "panic button" onto their profiles to report and prevent malicious behavior such as cyber-bullying and sexual harassment.
The chief executive of South Australia's health department issued a sternly worded letter to all staff in late May warning them off corporate purchases of Apple's flagship iPad device until the department's IT team could properly assess the device.
The University of New Hampshire InterOperability Lab (UNH-IOL) has begun testing Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) products to make sure they work together.
Just a day before Microsoft drops support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), the company announced on Monday that people running some versions of Windows 7 can "downgrade" to the aged operating system for up to 10 years.
Quirk Books will publish the DC Comics 75th Anniversary Poster Book in October, collecting what it says is the most memorable DC comic covers from its history.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has announced a bevy of tablets and "smart device" are on their way from the company in the next "several months."
Online music streaming provider Spotify has announced a native application for Linux operating systems. This is the first time Spotify has released a Linux client, although some users have previously reported being able to install the Windows applica...
Despite recent reports that say Google's Android market will soon have 100,000 mobile phone apps, Google is still far short of the 225,000 apps available for the iPhone. But Google is enlisting a new weapon in its attempts to overtake Apple's numeric...
The Droid X smartphone. The Droid X smartphone ships on Thursday, following an unusual pre-sales publicity campaign designed to entice the savvy tech crowd that might also include some in the iPhone 4 camp as well.
Infor on Monday will announce plans for applications running on Microsoft's Azure cloud platform, deepening the vendors' already close partnership and adding momentum to the industry's shift away from on-premises ERP (enterprise resource planning) so...
A surge in third-party software vulnerabilities accounted for the bulk of a ballooning bug count in the first half of 2010, said Danish security firm Secunia today.
On Monday, during the kickoff of Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference being held this week in Washington D.C., Microsoft <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/071210-microsoft-releases-azure-cloud-platform.html">announced</a> that it wou...
Windows Phone 7 (WP7) is coming later this year and today Microsoft released a beta version of developer tools to enable software makers to build applications and games for WP7 devices.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) today took the wraps off its latest offering for consumers, BlackBerry Protect, a free service meant to help non-corporate BlackBerry users secure and manage their smartphones.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Health Industry - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedNSW
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- CCAPS 5/6 Policy/Programme OfficerACT
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Information Management SMEQLD
- FTSAP Finance Consultant (Consolidations)ACT
- TPJava Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC