Another day, another Facebook security snafu. The popular social network has patched a major security bug that allowed users to snoop on their friends' private chats, and view their pending friend requests.
Angling to get in on the social networking craze, Microsoft yesterday showed off an early technical preview of a new tool that would aggregate social media.
The first applications based on the work done by the Wholesale Applications Community will arrive in February next year, but meanwhile developers can get to work in September, the organization said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard in India has been issued a show-cause notice to pay 14.5 billion Indian rupees (US$325 million) for evasion of customs duty, according to a statement on the Web site of the country's Ministry of Finance.
In his interview with CSO last week, FireEye Chief Security Architect Marc Maiffret lamented what he sees as <a href="http://www.csoonline.com/podcast/592577">the inability of security vendors to keep up with the malware innovations</a> made in the p...
Apple's refusal to allow Flash on the iPhone hurts innovation and is "like 1984 in a lot of ways," Adobe Systems' CTO said on Wednesday, implying that Apple has become the "Big Brother" it rebelled against in its iconic TV ad from that year.
Although sales were flat in its enterprise businesses, a jump in consumer sales helped Symantec boost earnings by about 5 percent during its most recent quarter.
A bug allowed Facebook users to view their friends' chat sessions on the site, prompting the social-networking company to disable its internal instant-messaging service. The bug also let people see their friends' pending friend requests.
Mobile social-networking company GyPSii has released an upgraded version of its Tweetsii application for the iPhone, and also added a version for Android, it said on Wednesday.
Clearwire's WiMax mobile broadband will come to 19 more markets across the U.S. this summer, with partner Sprint Nextel reselling the service in all those areas and partners Comcast and Time Warner Cable coming on board in some of them.
Google will begin rolling out design changes to its search results pages on Wednesday, including permanently opening a panel on the left-hand column that contains result-refinement controls.
Sony Ericsson's Xperia X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro will all get upgraded from Android 1.6 to version 2.1 during the fourth quarter, the phone vendor said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Nokia and Microsoft on Wednesday announced the availability of Microsoft Communicator Mobile for Nokia, a unified communications client for Nokia's Eseries smartphones. The software is the first result of the partnership they announced in August last...
FireEye Wednesday unveiled its first appliances built for in-line blocking of Web and e-mail malware using wholly non-signature-based detection methods.
Intel has set its sights on the burgeoning tablet computing market with its latest Moorestown chips, which the company believes will help break rival Arm's dominant position in the handheld device market.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW