Qantas unveiled its 'Q-card' in Perth, with the airline saying the new card will reduce the time it takes passengers to check-in to five seconds. The airline also introduced electronic bag tags, which it claims will increase luggage security.
Tablet computers are growing at a fast rate in the U.S. and will generate larger revenues as shipments continue to grow, the Consumer Electronics Association said on Thursday.
Removing a dangerous worm that targets industrial systems could disrupt plant operations, Siemens Industry warned customers Thursday.
The magicJack femtocell, a product unveiled to much excitement earlier this year, has not launched as expected during the second quarter, although the company says it will still become available this year.
While open-source coders have done a remarkable job of providing a complete open-source software stack, they haven't kept up with the emergence of Web services, charges an executive from a prominent open-source foundation.
Twitter hopes to improve the reliability of its service by moving into its own, custom-built data center later this year, the company said on Wednesday.
Google on Thursday said it will pick up Chrome's release pace by issuing a new version of the browser about every six weeks. According to Anthony Laforge, a Chrome program manager, the new schedule will put a a new "stable" version of the browser in ...
Google on Tuesday hiked bounty payments for Chrome bugs to a maximum of $US3,133, up almost $2,000 from the previous top dollar payout of $1,337.
Barnes & Noble Thursday launched Nook for Android, a version of its free e-reading app for devices running Android 1.6 or higher, which include smartphones such as the Droid X.
Microsoft today pitched its own proposal for how software makers react to bugs reported by researchers, calling for a name change to describe the process it prefers.
Microsoft has officially divulged names of at least five manufacturers for its coming Windows Phone 7 devices, with Asus recently added to a list of four revealed at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference on July 13.
Samsung Electronics and Toshiba on Wednesday said they plan to push for a new specification meant to speed up the flow of data in NAND flash memory, used to store data in products from iPads and iPhones to SSDs (solid state drives) used in PCs and da...
Tired of getting a fail whale when you try to tweet or simply try to log onto Twitter ?
Facebook may have secured its place at the top of the world's list of social networking sites with yesterday's announcement that it passed the 500-million user mark. But industry watchers think that signing up the next 500 million Facebook users may ...
AT&T reported net income of $US4 billion for the second quarter of 2010, up nearly 26 percent from the second quarter of 2009, driven largely by increasing demand for Apple's iPhone and other smartphones, the company said Thursday.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
- Gabe Newell's Reddit Q&A: The most interesting answers on Half-Life 3, Steam support, and more
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW