A U.K. music royalty collection society has suggested charging ISPs for pirated content traded on their networks, as the organization claims piracy will worsen with faster broadband speeds.
During a talk at the 2010 Develop Conference in Brighton, England, Double Fine headman and video game developer legend Tim Schafer said his studio now has four projects in development and none of them is Brutal Legend 2.
A group of organizations led by The Green Grid has recommended a standard way for data centers to measure their Power Usage Effectiveness, aiming to bring consistency to the metric and make it easier for different facilities to compare their results.
Advanced Micro Devices is ahead of schedule with its upcoming Fusion chips, which will appear first in netbooks and low-end laptops early next year, but not in tablets, the company said on Thursday.
New Zealand firm Rex Bionics has been working on an admirable tech-savvy way to enable wheelchair users to walk again.
Complaints and theories about the iPhone 4 reception problems are coming from what seems like every pundit and consumer in the country, and now a senator is getting in on the action.
The NPD Group has their monthly video game sales report for the month of June 2010 up and it's about what you'd expect -- Red Dead Redemption holds the top spot with a slew of Nintendo titles not far behind. Turned out to be a tough month for hardwar...
Apple today released an update to iOS 4 for the iPhone 3g, 3gs, and iPhone 4.
Although Motorola's brand new Droid X smartphone and the original Droid bear similar names, they are very different devices.
Toshiba and SanDisk announced on Wednesday a new joint venture agreement for an advanced NAND flash memory chip factory in Yokkaichi, Japan, meant to keep ahead of burgeoning demand for the NAND flash chips to store songs, photos and other digital da...
Warnings by Apple's top antenna expert that the iPhone 4 design could clobber signal strength and lead to dropped calls were ignored by the company's top executives, according to a Bloomberg News story today.
Rumors are circulating that the Android-based tablet from HP has been postponed. Put in context with the purchase of Palm and the commitment to deliver a WebOS tablet, "postponed" is probably just a fuzzy way of saying it will never enter production.
The MacBook Air, despite its ultra-thin, eye-grabbing design, has never been one of Apple's top draws.
Facing mounting public relations troubles over the iPhone 4, Apple must act swiftly to quell customer complaints about poor reception by giving away free cases, crisis communication experts say.
Amazon and IBM are the "cloud champions" according to a new report, but Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Red Hat and VMware are also among the list of heavyweights in the emerging cloud computing field.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTIT EngineerNSW
- CCSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT