Apple's refusal to allow Flash on the iPhone hurts innovation and is "like 1984 in a lot of ways," Adobe Systems' CTO said on Wednesday, implying that Apple has become the "Big Brother" it rebelled against in its iconic TV ad from that year.
Although sales were flat in its enterprise businesses, a jump in consumer sales helped Symantec boost earnings by about 5 percent during its most recent quarter.
A bug allowed Facebook users to view their friends' chat sessions on the site, prompting the social-networking company to disable its internal instant-messaging service. The bug also let people see their friends' pending friend requests.
Mobile social-networking company GyPSii has released an upgraded version of its Tweetsii application for the iPhone, and also added a version for Android, it said on Wednesday.
Clearwire's WiMax mobile broadband will come to 19 more markets across the U.S. this summer, with partner Sprint Nextel reselling the service in all those areas and partners Comcast and Time Warner Cable coming on board in some of them.
Google will begin rolling out design changes to its search results pages on Wednesday, including permanently opening a panel on the left-hand column that contains result-refinement controls.
Sony Ericsson's Xperia X10, X10 Mini and X10 Mini Pro will all get upgraded from Android 1.6 to version 2.1 during the fourth quarter, the phone vendor said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Nokia and Microsoft on Wednesday announced the availability of Microsoft Communicator Mobile for Nokia, a unified communications client for Nokia's Eseries smartphones. The software is the first result of the partnership they announced in August last...
FireEye Wednesday unveiled its first appliances built for in-line blocking of Web and e-mail malware using wholly non-signature-based detection methods.
Intel has set its sights on the burgeoning tablet computing market with its latest Moorestown chips, which the company believes will help break rival Arm's dominant position in the handheld device market.
Hewlett-Packard introduced seven laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming laptop chips on Wednesday, boosting efforts for the chip designer's efforts to catch up with rival Intel.
TomTom is giving drivers the chance to get directions from Star Wars baddie Darth Vader.
A new jailbreak for iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches has been released, mere days after of the iPad 3G release in the US. Called Spirit, this hack lets you jailbreak your Apple mobile devices without connecting them to a computer. While this isn't ...
The Plantronics Explorer 395 is a good-looking, easy-to-use Bluetooth headset that is obviously designed (and priced) for the casual user -- somebody who wants to be able to do hands-free calling but doesn't need to be glued to a mobile phone.
Apple will shut down its Lala online music streaming service on May 31. The move comes just five months after Apple bought Lala for an undisclosed price. Could this indicate Apple is serious about opening up a Web-based version of iTunes software-bas...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCService DeskWA
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTSystem testersACT