Taking a page out of Apple supremo Steve Jobs' book, Melbourne-based Kogan Technologies this morning launched what it dubbed as a "magical and revolutionary" eBook reader with a 6″ e-ink screen.
Looking deeper within malware yields fingerprints of the hackers who write the code, and that could result in signatures that have a longer lifetime than current intrusion-detection schemes, Black Hat 2010 attendees will be told next week.
Japan's Sharp plans to enter the increasingly competitive e-book reader market later this year with a device that can read a new e-publishing file format of its own, it said Tuesday.
Avaya is overhauling its contact center software with features designed to boost productivity and also to demonstrate that the company is brimming with innovation it hopes will attract new customers, and keep those it acquired along with Nortel's ent...
AT&T Tuesday announced that it's offering three new mobile services, including text messaging and encrypted mobile voice products, aimed at business and government users.
iPhone owners may grouse about AT&T's service, but the "halo effect" of Apple's smartphone significantly boosts the U.S. carrier's customer satisfaction levels, not just its revenue, an analyst said today.
While Facebook is expected to announce this week that it's grabbed its 500 millionth user, a new study shows that not everyone is so happy with the social networking site.
Google Apps administrators can now set different usage policies for groups within their organization's domains, a feature that many IT departments have requested Google add to this hosted collaboration and communication suite.
Adobe Systems Inc. today announced that it will harden the next version of its popular Reader PDF viewer, a frequent target of attacks, by adding "sandboxing" technology to the software.
Arm and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company announced a partnership to enable the design of smaller chips for devices like smartphones and tablets, the companies said on Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard has listed the Windows-based HP Slate 500 on its website, and also applied to trademark the term Palmpad, fueling speculation surrounding the company's tablet plans.
While the rest of the world focuses on the perceived issues surrounding the iPhone 4's antenna reception, I thought I'd bring us back to something that really matters to iPhone users, namely, the security of Apple's App Store, which just marked its t...
Microsoft's Kinect has an identity problem. The company won't come right out and say it, but their newfangled "you are the controller" motion-sensing camera for the Xbox 360 probably isn't for gamers like me. It's for gamers like you. That is, assum...
Yahoo's second-quarter revenue was $US1.60 billion, coming in on the low end of the company's expectations and falling short of analyst predictions.
Yahoo's second-quarter revenue was US$1.60 billion, coming in on the low end of the company's expectations and falling short of analyst predictions.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- CCEPAS Technical Support OfficersNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)SA
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- CCJava Application Developer - BaselineACT
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD