Global provider of security, storage and systems management solutions Symantec saw longer procurement cycles due to continued cautiousness among IT buyers.
Global chip sales jumped in the second quarter on robust demand for PCs and wireless handsets, the Semiconductor Industry Association said on Monday.
Sluggish sales and hard-to-get loans may blight the business landscape, but cutting energy waste can bring a big payoff to a small company. To shave liabilities off your profit-and-loss statement, aim to slash your power consumption instead of your w...
Hot on the heels of the U.S. Copyright office declaring jailbreaking smartphones legal, a new web-based iOS jailbreak tool has surfaced. The new tool makes the jailbreaking process leaps and bounds simpler than past PC-based tools.
A few companies in the Fortune 500 need to upgrade their Web browsers. And while they're at it, a little in-house training on social engineering wouldn't be a bad idea, either.
Two students from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) may have helped WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning spirit classified information out of military databases, according to a CNN report.
Harnessing a pair of protocols developed by Google, the newly released version of Linux kernel should be able to speed network traffic throughput considerably.
Intel and GE will combine health-IT assets to form a company that focuses on providing medical care technologies to the elderly and people with chronic illnesses, the companies announced on Monday.
Android took the top U.S. spot among smartphones shipped in the second quarter, according to new research from Canalys.
DAZ 3 has released Bryce 7, a brand new version of its 3D environment tool. It's available in standard, Pro and Personal Learning Edition (PLE) versions.
Between one and four million users of Android phones have downloaded wallpaper apps that swipe personal data from the phone and transmit it to a Chinese-owned server, a mobile security firm said today.
Some BlackBerry services will be suspended in the United Arab Emirates from Oct. 11 because the services do not fall in line with the country's regulations, the UAE telecommunications regulator said on Sunday.
Another week, another Facebook privacy issue.
The nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child wants to join forces to help develop the Indian government's planned US$35 tablet.
The former San Francisco network administrator who refused to hand over passwords for one of the city's networks was denied a new trial on Friday and is expected to be sentenced Aug. 6, a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office said.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA