Microsoft Tuesday patched a critical Windows XP vulnerability that aided attacks based on the Stuxnet worm by letting attackers gain remote access through the operating system's print spooler service.
Greens Communications Spokesman Scott Ludlam today welcomed Malcolm Turnbull's appointment as Shadow Communications Minister but warned the Liberal heavyweight against "wrecking" Labor's National Broadband Network project.
The Australian Federal Police yesterday embarked on a major crackdown of counterfeit goods, including pirated software, computers and CDs and DVDs, in a move hailed by as a victory by software companies like Microsoft and representatives of the music...
Telstra has promised customers the long-awaited Android 2.2 update (Froyo) would be introduced to its flagship HTC Desire handsets within the next four weeks.
Opposition Leader Tony Abbott this morning said one of Malcolm's roles as the new Shadow Communications Minister would be to expose problems with Labor's National Broadband Network project with the aim of wooing independent MPs back to the Coalition'...
WeTab will next week release the world's first tablet based on the MeeGo operating system. At the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, WeTab showed off the device, which boasts a boot-up time of only 16sec along with a stand-by recovery time of 1s...
Bing's vault over Yahoo in U.S. search volume should come as no surprise to anyone who's been following the horse race, but it's a symbolic milestone for a baby search engine whose prime directive is to take some of Google's advertising pie.
Samsung is reportedly launching the Galaxy Tab 7-inch tablet in the U.S. on Thursday, and a new report says the device is headed to AT&T. Expectations are high for the Android-based Galaxy Tab, introduced during the IFA Berlin trade show in September...
A sophisticated worm designed to steal industrial secrets and disrupt operations has infected at least 14 plants, according to Siemens.
The Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) coalition has signed up its first Asian operator customer -- Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) -- ten months after the partnership was created to offer packages of hardware and software for data centers, i...
Tackling memory limitations imposed on Java applications, Terracotta on Tuesday will offer what it describes as a breakthrough in solving the "universal problem" of Java garbage collection.
Nvidia on Tuesday will unveil upgrades to Parallel Nsight, a toolkit for building GPU-accelerated applications from within Microsoft's Visual Studio IDE, and Cuda Toolkit, for leveraging massively parallel processing capabilities of GPUs (graphics pr...
Walmart announced Monday that it will jump head-on into the cellphone business with its own, branded wireless plan.
Verizon has been accepting submissions for its forthcoming V CAST Android app store, which is rumored to be unveiled at the VCD Conference on 21 September. The V CAST app store was originally said to be an extension of the official Android app market...
Consumer Reports, one of the most widely respected consumer advocacy resources, is once again slamming the Apple iPhone 4. In response to Apple's decision to end the free case program it implemented to address the iPhone 4 "antennagate" issue, Consum...
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW