Bing's vault over Yahoo in U.S. search volume should come as no surprise to anyone who's been following the horse race, but it's a symbolic milestone for a baby search engine whose prime directive is to take some of Google's advertising pie.
Samsung is reportedly launching the Galaxy Tab 7-inch tablet in the U.S. on Thursday, and a new report says the device is headed to AT&T. Expectations are high for the Android-based Galaxy Tab, introduced during the IFA Berlin trade show in September...
A sophisticated worm designed to steal industrial secrets and disrupt operations has infected at least 14 plants, according to Siemens.
The Virtual Computing Environment (VCE) coalition has signed up its first Asian operator customer -- Singapore Telecommunications (SingTel) -- ten months after the partnership was created to offer packages of hardware and software for data centers, i...
Tackling memory limitations imposed on Java applications, Terracotta on Tuesday will offer what it describes as a breakthrough in solving the "universal problem" of Java garbage collection.
Nvidia on Tuesday will unveil upgrades to Parallel Nsight, a toolkit for building GPU-accelerated applications from within Microsoft's Visual Studio IDE, and Cuda Toolkit, for leveraging massively parallel processing capabilities of GPUs (graphics pr...
Walmart announced Monday that it will jump head-on into the cellphone business with its own, branded wireless plan.
Verizon has been accepting submissions for its forthcoming V CAST Android app store, which is rumored to be unveiled at the VCD Conference on 21 September. The V CAST app store was originally said to be an extension of the official Android app market...
Consumer Reports, one of the most widely respected consumer advocacy resources, is once again slamming the Apple iPhone 4. In response to Apple's decision to end the free case program it implemented to address the iPhone 4 "antennagate" issue, Consum...
Amazon is responsible for the mainstream acceptance of the e-reader thanks to the Kindle, and it has a virtually insurmountable dominance of the market. Yet, Amazon seems to have some sort of Napoleon complex about the Apple iPad, as evidenced by its...
Adobe revealed a critical zero day flaw in Adobe Flash -- the second in less than a week. The vulnerability extends even to Adobe Flash on the Android mobile OS, supporting at least one of the reasons laid out by Steve Jobs for not allowing Flash on ...
Many broadband consumers think they understand the concept of bandwidth without always factoring how applications have an impact on it, a survey has found.
Mere hours after he was appointed Shadow Communications Minister, Liberal stalwart Malcolm Turnbull has come out swinging in the portfolio, slamming Labor's National Broadband Network and filter projects and describing himself as "an internet junkie"...
Seagate's Momentus Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) has become the first encrypted laptop hard drive to get the critical FIPS 140-2 certification that the company hopes will finally help boost its sales to US and Canadian government organisations.
A Spanish company claims to have developed a way for companies to improve the predictability of their disaster recovery plans and has brought the product to the UK.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanQLD
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA