Asustek is preinstalling Canonical's Ubuntu operating system for the first time in some netbooks to target the Linux market, Canonical said Thursday.
YouTube has set up a library of videos carrying the Creative Commons license, that creators can easily reuse and incorporate into their work, the Google video sharing service said on Thursday<a href="http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2011/06/youtube...
On Wednesday, Avast Software announced the launch of a beta version of its new antivirus software for Mac OS X. The app is being touted as an almost complete rewrite of Avast's existing Mac security software; Ondrej Vicek, Avast Software's CTO, annou...
If you're attending Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference next week, you'll want to pick up the official conference app, released Thursday for both the iPhone and iPad, and check out new updated information on the WWDC Web site.
At CD Projekt Red's summer conference, the company officially confirmed that The Witcher 2 is coming to Xbox 360.
Foxconn has reopened all its polishing workshops, other than the one at Chengdu in China, which <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/228387/three_dead_after_foxconn_factory_blast_apple_investigating.html">was shut down</a> after a blast there on M...
Apple is set to unveil a sleeve of cloud services called iCloud. Apple boss Steve Jobs will make the long-awaited announcement June 6 at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
This week, Microsoft revealed a little of what to expect from the next Windows operating system. With its Windows Phone look and touch - literally - and tiles everywhere, it will be a major refresh, but there's a still a number of unanswered question...
Although vendor-written, this contributed piece does not advocate a position that is particular to the author's employer and has been edited and approved by Network World editors.
Mac users and those who offer administration and support to them find themselves in the security rat race for the first time, as MacDefender scareware has rapidly adapted to avoid Apple's detection.
The number of U.S. Twitter users jumped in the past year, increasing more than 50 per cent, according to a study from the Pew Research Center.
Whatever Microsoft ends up calling Windows 8, a press event at the Computex Show in Taiwan confirms that the company has already given the next version of the world's most ubiquitous operating system a heavy smartphone makeover.
As part of a look at the impact of identity theft and the Internal Revenue Service, watchdogs at the Government Accountability Office issued the IRS' top 10 list of identity theft information everyone should be aware of. Some of the information is ob...
During Microsoft's presentation of Windows 8, a handful of the company's hardware partners showed off tablets and notebooks running the OS, some also featuring Microsoft Office. But if you looked closely, you would've noticed that missing from the eq...
A Chinese official today denied accusations that the government was responsible for attacks that accessed hundreds of Google Gmail accounts.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA