A federal judge has overturned the $US1.3 billion judgment Oracle won against SAP in its corporate theft trial, according to a ruling made Thursday.
The U.S. Department of Justice's lawsuit opposing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA may not mean the end of the deal, according to some experts.
HTC launched two smartphones on Thursday running Microsoft's latest update of its mobile operating system, called Mango, as Microsoft struggles to gain market share from Apple and Android smartphones.
Salesforce.com is strengthening its hand in the ERP (enterprise resource planning) market, announcing on Thursday two new partnerships with Infor and Workday that will result in an intermingling of the companies' applications and technologies.
Garmin and Navigon each launched devices at a joint news conference on Thursday, on the eve of the Internationale Funkausstellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin. The navigation companies are still following separate roadmaps, Garmin's June acquisition of...
Lenovo announced a new US$199 IdeaPad tablet with a 7-inch screen and Google's Android OS in response to the surge in demand for inexpensive tablets, the company said on Thursday.
Lenovo has jumped on Intel's "Ultrabook" bandwagon, announcing a new IdeaPad on Thursday that the company said is thinner than Apple's celebrated MacBook Air.
Toshiba is hoping to improve its fortunes in the tablet market with the Android Honeycomb-based AT200, which is only 7.7 millimeters thick.It is also getting onboard Intel's Ultrabook push with the Portégé Z830.
Ford's Evos concept car shows how the company is increasingly looking to electronics and entertainment to keep customers hooked on driving its cars, Chief Technical Officer Paul Mascarenas said Thursday.
A Taiwanese research institute plans to create a multimillion-dollar fund to help local technology firms fend off patent infringement lawsuits in response to the ongoing patent disputes between Taiwan's HTC and Apple.
Samsung is expanding its Galaxy family of Android-based devices with the Note, which allows users write directly on the device’s screen with a digital pen. The company also introduced the Galaxy Tab 7.7, which comes with a Super AMOLED Plus display, ...
IBM plans to acquire risk analytics company Algorithmics for US$387 million, a deal that IBM said on Thursday will bolster its risk management offerings in light of increasing regulation in the financial markets.
Apple has requested a Chinese environmental group to hold talks on a report that accuses the company's suppliers of polluting the environment and endangering the lives of residents.
Online-only electronics retailer Kogan has started a new campaign to publicise the low cost of its TVs, promising freebies if consumers can find a cheaper equivalent TV advertised by bricks-and-mortar stores Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi.
As Linux fans know, there are two kinds of hackers: the good guys who develop free software, such as the Linux kernel, and the bad guys who break into computers.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
- Resident Evil 7 joins Microsoft's ambitious Play Anywhere program for PCs and Xbox One
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTData Analyst - MDMNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW