Over the weekend I wrote an article titled "What If Steve Jobs Is Right?" As the title implies, the post was a hypothetical look at the possibility that Steve Jobs' assertion that Android is a "stolen product" is true.
As Nokia World approaches on Wednesday, details about the Finnish firm's Windows Phone 7.5 -- that's Mango -- lineup are beginning to emerge.
Steve Jobs was a brilliant-but-belligerent eccentric who transformed seven different industries, his biographer said in an interview that aired Sunday night on 60 Minutes.
Apple has quietly upgraded the processor, hard disk and graphics capabilities of the MacBook Pro range.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission members voted unanimously to approve an agreement that settles a privacy-violation complaint the agency leveled against Google over the company's Buzz microblogging and social networking service.
Microsoft's official YouTube channel was hijacked on Saturday and all videos hosted on it were temporarily removed. The hacker replaced them with others claiming that Microsoft is holding a contest.
The moment of truth has come for Nokia: the company is expected to launch its first phones based on Microsoft's Windows Phone OS Wednesday at Nokia World in London. CEO Stephen Elop will have to convince consumers, operators, developers and retailers...
Even if your company website is secured with the latest software patches and has been tested by ethical hackers, it doesn't mean the scammers will stay away.
Oracle is buying RightNow Technologies for about US$1.5 billion in order to boost its recently announced Public Cloud with customer-service software, the companies announced Monday. The deal is expected to close late this year or in early 2012.
After <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9220501/Oracle_does_about_face_on_NoSQL">announcing the technology</a> at its OpenWorld conference last month, Oracle has launched its much anticipated NoSQL database.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group is readying the next update of its mobile operating system as a company subsidiary launched a new fund to support app development for the OS.
Sony's 10.1in Android tablet -- simply called the Tablet S -- will go on sale in Australia tomorrow starting at $579, the company announced today.
Microsoft has signed a patent agreement with Taiwan's Compal Electronics that provides coverage under its patent portfolio for Compal's tablets, mobile phones, e-readers and other consumer devices running Android or the Chrome platform, the company s...
Equinix has launched an online marketplace for its data center customers, to make it easier for them to buy and sell network, managed hosting and other services among themselves.
Yahoo's improving stock price following a CEO shakeup makes the Internet portal ripe for a sale, and speculation is flying about industry titans that may bid for the company.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Technical & FunctionalACT
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW