Appcelerator, whose Titanium platform is used to develop cross-platform apps for smartphones and tablets, has opened Open Mobile Marketplace, a store where developers can download modules to expand the functionality of Titanium and more easily add fe...
With the next release of Windows Server operating system, Microsoft has conquered one of the thorniest problems in virtualization: moving an operational virtual machine (VM) across a wide area network (WAN).
The US Federal Trade Commission's antitrust investigation into Google's search engine could shine some light on the secret inner workings of the company's search ranking decisions and the relationship between advertising and free search results, some...
Seven state attorneys general have joined a U.S. Department of Justice lawsuit attempting to block AT&T's US$39 billion acquisition of rival mobile carrier T-Mobile USA.
Chip and system-level improvements that Intel is making with the Ivy Bridge microarchitecture will result in laptops out next year with longer battery life and better graphics, the company said this week.
Google has released the first public APIs for Google+ so that external developers can start working with the social networking site and planning applications for it.
Two prominent Chinese hackers have released a convention calling for the rejection of cybertheft and are asking their peers to support it, as China is increasingly seen as the source of international hacking attacks.
American cloud providers may find themselves unable to sell to the Dutch government due to concerns that the vendors could be compelled to share data with U.S. authorities under the provisions of the Patriot Act. Similar concerns are being raised in ...
Tech stocks rose along with major indexes this week as central banks came up with a plan to ease market fears about European sovereign debt, and as key IT players including Microsoft, Intel, and Cisco held conferences for developers, users and analys...
Sharp is discontinuing the production of two of its three Galapagos tablets less then a year after launching them.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed the America Invents Act, the first major overhaul of the U.S. patent system in about 50 years.
Oracle has added additional commercial extensions to the enterprise edition of its open-source MySQL database, further differentiating it from the community version available to anyone at no charge.
Oracle has issued an emergency patch to fix a vulnerability it says could bring down HTTP application servers it sells that are based on Apache 2.0 or 2.2.
A California man who dug up sensitive information belonging to U.S. service members on peer-to-peer networks, and then used it to order iPods, cameras, and even washing machines from an online store, was sentenced to 75 months in federal prison Thurs...
Mobile startup LightSquared struck back against a report on Thursday that it had received preferential treatment from the Obama Administration as it sought permission to build a cellular data network that appears to hurt GPS performance.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW