Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Toyota has developed a safety system that can automatically stop a car in the moments before a collision with a pedestrian.
Oracle may depose Google CEO Larry Page and two others in connection with its lawsuit accusing Google of patent infringement in its Android operating system, a magistrate in California ordered on Thursday.
Every week at PC World, we are aiming to bring you a smartphone or tablet app of the week, based on the lovely recommendations by our senior editorial staff.
Sun Microsystems offered to license its Java technology to Google for $US100 million, a Google attorney said, attempting to show that Oracle is out of touch as it seeks billions from Google for patent infringement.
It seems like cheating. The whole point of the 30 Days With the iPad series is to determine whether or not the iPad can stand alone as a replacement for my PC, so connecting to the PC from the iPad should be a moot point. Nevertheless, today I am goi...
After announcing smartphones with a dedicated Facebook button, HTC is trying the same formula in China. This time it will have a button connecting to one of the country's largest Twitter-like services in the country.
It seems like nobody has anything good to say about BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) these days.
Once the darling of the smartphone industry, Finnish phone manufacturer Nokia is now finding itself adrift.
World Tech Update
U.S. privacy codes of conduct drafted by businesses, consumers and privacy advocates working together will work better than government regulation or legislation, a top official with the U.S. Department of Commerce said Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices' revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2011 sunk as the search for a new CEO continues, the company said on Thursday.
Apple is contributing more than half the total US$4.5 billion price tag for Nortel patents, with partners including Microsoft and Sony combined kicking in the rest.
Oracle has purchased Ksplice, maker of technology that allows Linux administrators to apply important security updates without having to reboot the system, Oracle announced Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Proving naysayers incorrect once again, Microsoft posted a banner fiscal 2011 year in revenue, as sales of Microsoft Office, server software and Xbox continued to drive growth, even as sales of Windows leveled off, according to the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT