Intel hopes to redefine the PC market with a new category of thin and light laptops called ultrabooks, but at around US$1,000, their hefty price tag leaves questions about the products' viability, attendees at the Intel Developer Forum conference sai...
Intel on Thursday showed an experimental low-power processor the size of a postage stamp that could run PCs on solar power.
The potential of SAP's HANA in-memory computing engine permeated the agenda and had attendees' tongues wagging this week at the Tech Ed conference in Las Vegas, but the technology still has some maturing to do.
Amazon on Thursday said that many of its Web services now have a crucial certification that allows federal government agencies with strict security requirements to use the services.
Google and representatives for authors and publishers told a U.S. District Court judge Thursday that they would like to continue discussions on a revised settlement in a copyright infringement case that has dragged on for years.
Apple confirmed on Thursday that it filed a lawsuit against Samsung in the U.K.'s High Court earlier in the week, as the two technology giants continue a legal tit-for-tat revolving around their mobile phone and tablet products.
Joyent is upgrading its public cloud service with better analytics and the ability to run Linux and Windows, as it hopes to persuade CIOs to move more applications to the company's cloud, it said on Thursday.
Worldwide semiconductor sales have slowed in 2011, and the market is on pace for a small decline compared to last year, market research company Gartner said on Thursday.
Dell plans to double the number of staff selling, marketing and developing the products of Force10 Networks, the networking company it acquired in August, an executive said.
Intel's Thunderbolt high-speed interconnect technology, which shuffles data between PCs and devices like displays and external storage, could be years away from getting optical technology, an Intel executive said this week.
Google has acquired over 1000 patents from IBM, as part of its strategy to strengthen its patent portfolio to counter litigation, according to records of the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
If you liked the recent changes Facebook made to Improve privacy, then you'll want to upgrade immediately to the latest version of the social network's app for Android smartphones.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer made a surprise appearance at the end of Wednesday’s BUILD keynote speech, telling the audience that Microsoft is in the process of reimagining itself.
Windows 8 is coming, and apparently its bringing a Windows 8 app store with it. Speculation that began with hints of an app store in leaked builds of Windows 8 earlier this year have been all but officially confirmed in a blog post from the President...
Wondering what buying apps in Windows 8 will be like using Microsoft's new app store, dubbed the Windows Store? Microsoft shared some details about its plans during the company's keynote at the BUILD developer conference.
Take home a Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive (64GB) this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
- Google releases Android 7.1.1 images for Pixel and Nexus devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCUX DesignerSA
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD