Several U.S. senators accused Google of giving search preferences to its own suite of services over competitors, but executive chairman Eric Schmidt denied that his company is manipulating search results during a hearing Wednesday.
Satellite-4G carrier LightSquared said Wednesday that gear to prevent interference between its network and precision GPS gear will cost US$50 to $300 per device and it is in talks with the U.S. government about covering the cost of upgrading or repla...
As reports swirled of Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker's imminent ouster from the company after less than a year on the job, some observers suggested that if such a thing indeed comes to pass, it won't be that much of a surprise.
Twitter has acquired Julpan, a startup founded last year that analyzes the way people share information on the social web with the goal of delivering fresh and relevant content to users.
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
HP's board of directors is reportedly looking to replace CEO Leo Apotheker, with former eBay CEO and current HP director Meg Whitman said to be a finalist for the job.
LightSquared said Wednesday it has an affordable solution to interference between its 4G network and GPS systems and will have working units available for tests planned by the U.S. government in the coming months.
The Dutch minister who had said that U.S. cloud providers might be kept from doing business in the Netherlands because of aspects of the Patriot Act now says the matter is a "conflict of legislation" that the nations have to deal with. Meanwhile, U.S...
Spain's National Competition Commission is investigating whether Microsoft has unjustifiably prevented or limited resale of software licenses, in breach of Spanish and European Union competition laws, the Commission announced Tuesday.
Huawei's 7-inch tablet will be launched in the U.S. during this year's fourth quarter, according to a company spokeswoman.
Google Wallet is finally here, allowing Sprint Nexus S users to pay with their smartphones at select retailers in New York and San Francisco.
Japan's biggest defense contractor Mitsubishi Heavy has admitted that it was targeted by a major cyberattack last month in which at least 83 of its computers were infected with malware.
There's big trouble in the world of information security, and yet it seems that only a handful of us techies have noticed. What's the problem, you ask? Well, there are actually several problems, but they're all related to one very important issue: pu...
What's your preferred means of cellphone communication: text or talk? A new survey from Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project says a slight majority of Americans -- 53 percent, to be exact -- prefer a voice call to a text message...
Facebook is set to unveil an ambitious plan to attract more small businesses to set up shop on the social network. It plans to offer $50 in free advertising to as many as 200,000 small businesses to demonstrate the power of marketing on Facebook.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA