There comes a time in most businesses when circumstances dictate that one or more users work from home either full- or part-time. In other cases, it may simply be convenient for business owners and employees to be able to use company resources from h...
Research in Motion said Thursday that it remains committed to the PlayBook tablet and the tablet market, discounting an analyst's report that said the death of the device is imminent.
Facebook's tracking technology has landed the social network in hot water, with two lawmakers calling for a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigation.
Wireless networks aren't just a convenience anymore; they've become an essential part of business culture. It's nearly impossible to walk into a workplace that doesn't use Wi-Fi in some fashion. For the millions of portable wireless devices--from tra...
There are free and open source alternatives to just about every proprietary software package available today--the trick is just finding the right ones for your business.
Earlier this week, we told you how to turn off a new, potentially mortifying Spotify feature that tells your Facebook friends, in real-time, what you are listening to. If you're a closeted fan of, say, Alvin and the Chipmunks tunes, but your friends ...
Look for double the mobile exploits this year vs. 2010 and particularly watch out for mobile applications that are really malware, says IBM's X-Force security research team.
If you care to keep your past in the past, Facebook's new version of the profile, called Timeline, makes that a little more difficult.
Polarized "passive" 3D TVs hit the market in the beginning of the year as a response to the bulky, expensive, complicated active-shutter 3D TVs that turned off many would-be buyers. But many home theater enthusiasts (and TV manufacturers) claimed tha...
Amazon's new Silk browser has raised some eyebrows among privacy and security experts.
The wraps are finally off Amazon's Kindle Fire tablet. Its splashy entry into the tablet firestorm was hard to miss -- Amazon made quite a statement with its $199 price -- and yet I'm underwhelmed. Although reporters were not allowed to touch the Kin...
World Tech Update
Outgoing Hewlett-Packard CEO Leo Apotheker will get a severance payment of US$7.2 million, plus a $2.4 million performance bonus and additional stock benefits, according to documents filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday....
Users of Delicious are up in arms after the social bookmarking site was re-launched this week with a raft of bugs that include missing data and broken functionality.
Apple will likely release iOS 5, the next version of its mobile operating system, in two weeks.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW