Many U.S. cable providers will offer broadband service for US$9.95 a month and an e-recycler will offer $150 PCs and laptops to low-income families in an effort to bring the benefits of broadband to more people across the country.
Researchers from security vendor Trusteer have come across a professional calling service that caters to cybercriminals. The business offers to extract sensitive information needed for bank fraud and identity theft from individuals.
Amazon Web Services opened up a new data center in Oregon that will cost less to use than AWS's other West Coast facility, in California.
The Italian company criticized for supplying the brutal Syrian regime with telecommunications surveillance equipment has frozen participation in the project and is seeking a way to extricate itself from the contract, Area SpA CEO Andrea Formenti said...
The U.S. Department of Justice is charging seven individuals with 27 counts of wire fraud and other computer-related crimes, alleging that the group hijacked four million computers across 100 countries in a sophisticated clickjacking scheme.
Four U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would allow states to collect taxes on Internet sales, even when the seller does not have a physical presence in the taxing state.
An investigation by the US Securities and Exchange Commission has been expanded to include Computer Sciences Corp.'s business in Australia, the company said on Wednesday.
Facebook is declaring early success for the new functionality on its site that lets members notify their friends what songs they're listening to online and makes it possible for notification recipients to play back those songs from within the Faceboo...
SAP customers seeking to move from traditional deployments to a private cloud architecture have a new option from Accenture, the companies announced Wednesday during the Sapphire conference in Madrid.
Google, which last week bungled the launch of a Gmail application for Apple iOS devices, has decided to put out to pasture its Gmail application for the BlackBerry.
The number of public Wi-Fi hotspots is expected to increase by 350 percent in the next four years, as operators look for ways to offload traffic from their mobile networks, according to a report by market research company Informa Telecoms and Media.
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has bagged a £1.37 billion (US$2.2 billion) business process outsourcing order from Friends Life, a provider of pensions, investments, and insurance, it said in a filing to Indian stock exchanges.
After winning over U.S. operators with its security software for Android phones, Lookout Mobile Security is turning to Europe to find new networks ready to install or promote its software on the phones they distribute.
While some consumer electronics manufacturers have cleaned up their act, making more energy-efficient gadgets with fewer toxic materials, others are continuing to make fine promises but no changes, according to Greenpeace. In response, the environmen...
Japanese e-commerce company Rakuten said on Tuesday that it plans to acquire Canadian e-book and e-reader company Kobo in a bid to expand in the area of media downloads for consumers.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW