Network security pros think use of social media at work is good for business, but also creates risks they don't have the tools to address, according to a Ponemon Institute survey.
The Kindle Fire tablet, announced by Amazon.com on Wednesday, has three traits that make it competitive in a crowded tablet market: a low $199 price, a fast browser called Amazon Silk, and access to an abundant ecosystem of movies, music, apps, and b...
Since its unveiling in January 2005, the Mac Mini has been the cheapest Mac that Apple sells, making it the least expensive way to get hardware that natively runs OS X. In the past, this usually meant settling for older components -- especially compa...
Google's Chrome is on the brink of replacing Firefox as the second-most-popular browser, according to one Web statistics firm.
Another would-be iPad "killer" could soon find itself in the graveyard, according to Collins Stewart semiconductor analyst John Vihn.
Sensitive data including Social Security Numbers, names, addresses, phone numbers and personal health data belonging to about 4.9 million active and retired U.S. military personnel may have been compromised after backup tapes containing the data went...
Research in Motion's PlayBook looks to be in trouble, as it appears that the smartphone maker has stopped production of the tablet and is actively considering getting out of the business, says Collins Stewart semiconductor analyst John Vihn.
There comes a time in most businesses when circumstances dictate that one or more users work from home either full- or part-time. In other cases, it may simply be convenient for business owners and employees to be able to use company resources from h...
Research in Motion said Thursday that it remains committed to the PlayBook tablet and the tablet market, discounting an analyst's report that said the death of the device is imminent.
Facebook's tracking technology has landed the social network in hot water, with two lawmakers calling for a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigation.
Wireless networks aren't just a convenience anymore; they've become an essential part of business culture. It's nearly impossible to walk into a workplace that doesn't use Wi-Fi in some fashion. For the millions of portable wireless devices--from tra...
There are free and open source alternatives to just about every proprietary software package available today--the trick is just finding the right ones for your business.
Earlier this week, we told you how to turn off a new, potentially mortifying Spotify feature that tells your Facebook friends, in real-time, what you are listening to. If you're a closeted fan of, say, Alvin and the Chipmunks tunes, but your friends ...
Look for double the mobile exploits this year vs. 2010 and particularly watch out for mobile applications that are really malware, says IBM's X-Force security research team.
If you care to keep your past in the past, Facebook's new version of the profile, called Timeline, makes that a little more difficult.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst Digital/ Web projectsVIC
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW