Once the darling of the smartphone industry, Finnish phone manufacturer Nokia is now finding itself adrift.
World Tech Update
U.S. privacy codes of conduct drafted by businesses, consumers and privacy advocates working together will work better than government regulation or legislation, a top official with the U.S. Department of Commerce said Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices' revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2011 sunk as the search for a new CEO continues, the company said on Thursday.
Apple is contributing more than half the total US$4.5 billion price tag for Nortel patents, with partners including Microsoft and Sony combined kicking in the rest.
Oracle has purchased Ksplice, maker of technology that allows Linux administrators to apply important security updates without having to reboot the system, Oracle announced Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Proving naysayers incorrect once again, Microsoft posted a banner fiscal 2011 year in revenue, as sales of Microsoft Office, server software and Xbox continued to drive growth, even as sales of Windows leveled off, according to the company.
Google has acquired startup company Fridge to enhance Google+'s capabilities for group sharing.
Research In Motion may be getting close to releasing the Android app player it promised for the PlayBook, judging from an old version of the player found on the BlackBerry.com website.
Just a few weeks after German authorities opened a national Cyber Defense Center in Bonn it was attacked by hackers and now officials are struggling to arrest all of those involved.
Data-integration vendor Informatica and a customer are embroiled in a legal dispute over US$6.3 million in license fees that Informatica says it is owed due to noncompliance.
Google Apps will become a more secure and easier-to-manage collaboration and communication suite now that Google has started integrating e-mail security features into it from its Postini suite.
Worldwide semiconductor revenue will grow at a slower rate next year, hurt by an uncertain economy in developed and emerging markets, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
T-Mobile is hoping to make it easier for businesses to use Android phones by reselling secure e-mail services from Good Technology.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.5 billion for the second quarter of 2011, up 2.2 percent from the same quarter in 2010, but net income dropped due to increased operational and support costs.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 review: The new people's champion topples Titans
- Powerful gaming PC backpacks are becoming a thing as VR craze swells
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 launches with limited stock, no custom-cooled variants
- Review: DJI’s Phantom 4 drone makes high-flying tech easier (video)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC