Advanced Micro Devices' revenue for the second fiscal quarter of 2011 sunk as the search for a new CEO continues, the company said on Thursday.
Apple is contributing more than half the total US$4.5 billion price tag for Nortel patents, with partners including Microsoft and Sony combined kicking in the rest.
Oracle has purchased Ksplice, maker of technology that allows Linux administrators to apply important security updates without having to reboot the system, Oracle announced Thursday. Terms were not disclosed.
Proving naysayers incorrect once again, Microsoft posted a banner fiscal 2011 year in revenue, as sales of Microsoft Office, server software and Xbox continued to drive growth, even as sales of Windows leveled off, according to the company.
Google has acquired startup company Fridge to enhance Google+'s capabilities for group sharing.
Just a few weeks after German authorities opened a national Cyber Defense Center in Bonn it was attacked by hackers and now officials are struggling to arrest all of those involved.
Research In Motion may be getting close to releasing the Android app player it promised for the PlayBook, judging from an old version of the player found on the BlackBerry.com website.
Data-integration vendor Informatica and a customer are embroiled in a legal dispute over US$6.3 million in license fees that Informatica says it is owed due to noncompliance.
Google Apps will become a more secure and easier-to-manage collaboration and communication suite now that Google has started integrating e-mail security features into it from its Postini suite.
Worldwide semiconductor revenue will grow at a slower rate next year, hurt by an uncertain economy in developed and emerging markets, research firm IDC said on Thursday.
T-Mobile is hoping to make it easier for businesses to use Android phones by reselling secure e-mail services from Good Technology.
AT&T reported revenue of US$31.5 billion for the second quarter of 2011, up 2.2 percent from the same quarter in 2010, but net income dropped due to increased operational and support costs.
The hacking collective Anonymous released a document on Thursday marked "restricted" from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
Google has disabled a feature that could allow people to remove websites from its search index following a problematic discovery by an astute observer.
Outsourcing declined worldwide by 18 percent to US$16.4 billion in the second quarter because of weak demand in the Americas and an overall drop in the number of large contracts awarded, sourcing data and advisory firm TPI said on Wednesday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCAmazon Web Services (AWS) IT SupportWA
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT