Windows 8 will include a new feature that lets IT administrators provide workers with a portable Windows environment on a USB thumb drive.
Windows 8 looks awesome! I watched the keynote -- a couple times actually. I am impressed. There are too many cool, "gee whiz" features and capabilities to even cover in a single post. Even with all that, though, I am having trouble getting caught up...
Match.com announced on Wednesday it had acquired a 20 percent stake in a company behind one of China's largest online dating sites.
AT&T set up shop in Silicon Valley on Wednesday with its Foundry Development Center in Palo Alto, a facility where software and hardware developers can get help bringing their inventions to the real world.
U.S. government agencies are getting better at sharing information about cyberattacks with private companies, but cybercrime shows no signs of slowing down, cybersecurity experts told lawmakers Wednesday.
Despite a U.S. unemployment average that has hovered around 9 percent in recent months, a survey of CFOs indicates improved fourth-quarter hiring for accounting and finance positions.
Android tablets are losing ground to new entrants, including the much-criticized Research In Motion PlayBook and even the discontinued Hewlett-Packard TouchPad, IDC reported in its second quarter report on tablet and ebook sales.
Intel hopes to boost its business selling chips to phone makers -- now the domain of rival ARM -- through a partnership announced this week with Google to develop future Android OS versions for mobile devices with Intel chips.
One day after Microsoft launched the first beta of the next generation of its Windows desktop operating system, Windows 8, the company previewed the next version of its server operating system, Windows Server 8.
A blow-by-blow account of negotiations leading up to Google's acquisition of Motorola indicates that the deal may have been one of necessity rather than opportunity for Google.
Acer and Asustek Computer next year will deliver Windows PCs with Intel's Thunderbolt interconnect, which for a time was available exclusively on Apple's Macintosh computers, Intel said on Wednesday.
Facebook is extending the scope of its site into Twitter and Google+ territory by making it possible for Facebook members to subscribe to each other's public posts without necessarily having to be approved friends.
Twitter plans to offer a Chinese-language user interface <a href="http://blog.twitter.com/2011/09/one-hundred-million-voices.html">in the coming weeks</a>. But the company doesn't expect the bulk of the Chinese speaking population will be using it an...
IT services company, Computer Sciences Corporation, said Wednesday it has acquired AppLabs Technologies, a privately held Indian software testing services provider, for an undisclosed amount.
Huawei's 7-inch tablet, which it unveiled in June, will be released in China and several other markets in the Asia-Pacific region in October, according to a company spokeswoman.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia