HP is investigating how several TouchPads reportedly shipped to end users running Android, instead of webOS.
After releasing an initial set of basic APIs for Google+, the company is exposing more functions that external developers can access for the tools and applications they build for the social networking site.
The U.S. technology industry added 115,000 jobs in the first half of 2011, nearly erasing job losses in the sector during 2010, according to a new report from the TechAmerica Foundation.
Antivirus vendor Trend Micro has recently detected a drive-by download attack on Facebook that used malicious advertisements to infect users with malware.
NSS Labs is sweetening the pot for its ExploitHub marketplace by offering rewards to security gurus who can write working exploits for a dozen "high-value" vulnerabilities.
India is closer to its much-touted target of a US$35 tablet, with DataWind, a wireless Web access products maker in Montreal, designing and making a device that it will sell to the government for $50.
Online banking fraud losses in the U.K. fell 32 percent in the first half of the year, according to figures from U.K. banks released on Wednesday. The decline is due to the increased use of fraud detection software by banks, an industry group said.
Using Amazon Web Services' new Server Side Encryption feature, enterprises will at no extra cost be able to encrypt data stored on the company's Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon said on Tuesday.
Samsung Electronics is greeting the new iPhone with more legal action. The company plans to file preliminary injunction motions in Milan, Italy and in Paris asking the courts to block sales of the iPhone 4S, Samsung said on Wednesday.
3M has developed a see-through film that turns ordinary windows into solar panels. It will go sale next year.
Salesforce.com chairman and CEO, Marc Benioff will on Wednesday speak at a local restaurant in San Francisco, after his keynote at Oracle OpenWorld 2011 was cancelled by Oracle.
A television broadcast viewable only on smartphones and tablets with special tuners will go live across Japan next year, according to a venture funded by the country's largest television stations and mobile operator.
Wikipedia said it was hiding the Italian edition of the online encyclopedia to protest against a proposed new rule in the country, that will require websites to publish corrections within 48 hours of content being found objectionable, without review....
Apple has sold more than six million copies of Mac OS X 10.7, better known as Lion, since its debut in late July, CEO Tim Cook said today.
It's a late night, and you've fired up Facebook on your ACME.com company-owned iPad to post some bad news. "A reduction in workforce is going to happen this week," you type into your update status field and tap the post button.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- New report says Google watches made by LG, to be released Feb. 9
- Microsoft labels Windows 7 'outdated' as it stumps for 10
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Leaked Windows 10 build shows Microsoft filling a major content hole: Ebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPData Analyst - Business IntelligenceQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW