Mobile is the new frontier of videoconferencing, with several vendors bringing mobile devices into the fold for video meetings. Polycom is set to become the latest, with high-definition calling capability on the Apple iPad, Motorola Xoom and Galaxy T...
More and more enterprise IT shops - as they get comfortable with virtualization practices in their own private clouds - are considering a jump to the public cloud. But before making that leap, consider these pieces of advice from those that have alre...
Ken Murdoch's colleagues at the Save the Children Federation venture where few corporate workers go: war-torn countries, poverty-stricken regions and areas devastated by natural disasters. Yet this CIO's 30-member IT team must provide the same techno...
Startup Nukona is taking a different tack from mobile virtualization advocates when it comes to securing and managing apps, introducing a "wrapper" for individual apps in which enterprises can apply a specific set of policies for each one.
Intel on Tuesday said it was winding down its TV business and reallocating the resources to develop "ultrabooks," smartphones and tablets.
Zynga is making its games more social, but also more edgy, so players will be able to meet people more easily, then hack them to death with a chainsaw.
IBM is taking its business analytics capabilities down a new path by making them available to IT organizations to monitor and predict issues with systems and processes.
Zero-day exploits are nerve-racking for IT professionals but are far less dangerous than unpatched older vulnerabilities for which fixes are available, Microsoft says.
Mobile phones will become an increasing menace to network security that could drop malware onto protected devices when they dock to sync or plug into USB ports to charge, security experts say in a Georgia Tech report.
People may soon pay bills and manage their banking by waving their hands in front of their TVs, if an application from a Lithuanian company at this week's CTIA conference proves successful.
Telstra has released its pricing and plan details for Apple's iPhone 4S, just two days before its official launch on Friday 14 October.
Version 10.5 of Apple's iTunes software is available now, just in time for the launch of iOS 5 on Wednesday. The latest version includes the first taste of iCloud and is required before downloading iOS 5.
Apple today prepared iOS, Mac and Windows users for tomorrow's launch of iOS 5 and iCloud by shipping iTunes 10.5.
A U.S. Federal Communications Commission plan to redirect telephone subsidies to rural areas to broadband deployment could leave out cable-based voice and broadband providers, a cable trade group said Tuesday.
The CEOs of the three largest U.S. mobile operators largely ignored their fierce competition on Tuesday, delivering one keynote speech after another at CTIA Wireless Enterprise & Applications that emphasized the benefits of the wireless industry ...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPInternal Controls Specialist - BAQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT