Two U.S. lawmakers have called on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to investigate the use of so-called supercookies on many websites, with the two suggesting that use of the hard-to-remove tracking tools may be an unfair business practice.
Open-source BI (business intelligence) vendor Jaspersoft is joining the ranks of companies adding support for Apple's wildly popular iPad.
More than a third of all Android phones in the U.S. are equipped with 4G and the number is rapidly increasing, according to a study by app analytics firm Localytics.
The European Payments Council (EPC), which is being investigated by the European Commission for alleged antitrust violations in the e-payments market, has hit back at the Commission, saying it needs to stop sending out conflicting messages.
A controversial trade agreement targeting counterfeiters and copyright infringers is scheduled to be signed this Saturday in Tokyo, the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has announced.
The European Commission will put monitoring devices into 10,000 volunteers' homes to find out if ISPs are living up to their promises.
Microsoft has opened a front in its ongoing battle against Internet scammers, using the power of a U.S. court to deal a knockout blow to an emerging botnet and taking offline a provider of free Internet domains.
SlideShare, a site for posting, viewing, rating and commenting on business presentations, documents and videos, has re-engineered its site using HTML5, making it compatible with Apple iOS devices.
The U.S. continues to be the country with the best environment for IT companies, but Malaysia and India made significant advances in the Business Software Alliance's new IT Industry Competitiveness Index, released Tuesday.
Traffic exploded on Google+ after the social networking site opened to the public, shooting up 1,269 percent in one week, making the site the eighth largest social network on the Internet, according to Web analytics firm Hitwise.
A large group of digital rights organizations has demanded proof from the European Commission that the retention of data in the European Union is necessary and proportionate for fighting serious crime.
Helped by advanced antenna technology, Nokia Siemens Networks is pushing HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access) download speeds to 336M bps (bits per second) during a demonstration at the PT/Expo Comm show in Beijing.
Hackers have found a new hook to trick people into opening malicious attachments: send emails that purport to come from office printers, many of which now have the ability to email scanned documents.
Sony said Tuesday it will sell a screen attachment for its Vaio laptops that allows users to view 3D movies and images without glasses.
Craig Mundie, Microsoft's chief research and strategy officer, doesn't speak Chinese. But on Tuesday he did, via a life-like virtual avatar shown at the company's offices in Beijing that can simulate his voice and speak in other languages.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
- Apple postpones the AirPods release date to ???
- Microsoft quietly unveils a Surface mouse and desktop keyboards for Surface Studio
- Microsoft's Surface Book i7 doubles the GPU performance of its predecessor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- CCSenior Pega DeveloperVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSystem Engineer l Applications & SOE PackagersNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPGIS OfficerQLD
- CCInformatica LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer- Linux and DevOpsNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant SydneyNSW