Intel will invest $US300 million in companies that develop new technologies for Ultrabooks, a class of thin and light laptops promoted as an alternative to tablet PCs.
Verizon Wireless will introduce a new version of its VCast Apps store to developers at its Verizon Developer Conference in September, improving the experience for both app creators and consumers, an executive said Wednesday.
Amazon today introduced the free Kindle Cloud Reader application, which allows users to access Kindle books instantly from a Web browser without needing to download the book first.
Mozilla's Firefox 7, slated to ship in late September, will be significantly faster because of work done plugging the browser's memory leaks, a company developer says.
A California county district attorney's office has decided not to press charges against Gizmodo or former editor Jason Chen for the blog's part in a 2010 case involving a lost Apple iPhone 4 prototype.
The concept of social productivity is gaining momentum, and I've covered some prominent social productivity tools previously on this blog. As a general sort of thing, social productivity sounds like a good idea. It makes work collaborative, emphasize...
Shortly after Facebook launched a Messenger app for smartphones on Tuesday, early users found partial code for a video chat component tucked away inside it.
Microsoft on Tuesday patched the last vulnerability in Internet Explorer (IE) used by a researcher in March to win $15,000 at the annual Pwn2Own hacking contest.
South African police have arrested a 28-year-old Johannesburg man accused of selling jailbroken Sony PlayStation 3 machines and pirated game software.
The digital photographs you take on your next holiday could become part of a 3D image of the whole world. Cornell University's Noah Snavely stitches them together with software he's developed that he calls a "global camera." For his work he was named...
The question whether a photo showing you pulling off a mask after robbing a bank is real or fake may decide if you go to jail or not. For his research on digital video and image forensics, Anderson de Rezende Rocha from the Brazilian University of Ca...
Homeowners who want to know which electrical device in their house consumes the most energy will soon be able to find out due to the research of Shwetak Patel. The assistant professor from the University of Washington is one of this year's recipients...
As IT systems are getting more complex, designing them correctly is getting more difficult, too, says computer scientist Krishnendu Chatterjee. For his work on game theoretic models for the synthesis of correct systems he has now won both a €1.2 mill...
With a US$100,000 cash award from Microsoft, the University of Sydney's Alistair McEwan will set up trials of electronic devices that can diagnose heart attacks and strokes early.
Microsoft has awarded this year's Research Faculty Fellowship to eight researchers who will receive grants up to US$200,000 each.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCData AnalystVIC