Google has acquired Clever Sense, the developer of Alfred, a personalized restaurant and bars recommendations app, for an undisclosed price, the companies said Tuesday.
LightSquared has submitted a significant new offer to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in its bid to use frequencies near the GPS band for a cellular data network.
Three executives at Hitachi-LG Data Storage (HLDS) have agreed to plead guilty and serve prison time in the U.S. for their participation in a series of conspiracies to rig bids and fix the prices of optical disk drives sold to large computer makers, ...
As another year draws to a close, we look back on the IT-related comments that stuck with us.
The Consumer Electronics Association has switched its position on Internet sales taxes, with the huge trade group now supporting the collection of the tax.
SAP executives provided new details about the company's plan to make the HANA in-memory database the focus of a sweeping reinvention of its software architecture during an event in Boston on Tuesday.
The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board recommended on Tuesday that states outlaw the use of all electronic devices, while driving, including cellphones with hands-free kits.
A proposed amendment to the controversial copyright enforcement bill, the Stop Online Piracy Act, has not swayed many opponents to the legislation.
The U.S. Department of Justice has charged that six ex-Siemens executives bribed Argentine government officials in order to win a US$1 billion contract to provide national identity cards to the country's citizens.
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
Enterprises can now use TwinStrata's CloudArray to access storage capacity hosted in OpenStack-based clouds, the company said on Tuesday.
A reported vulnerability in Windows Phone causes its messaging features to be disabled after the device is sent a specific SMS or chat message.
The developers of AdBlock Plus, an extension for Firefox that blocks advertising on websites, are trying to contain a brewing controversy over their decision to allow some non-flashy ads to be displayed by default.
The European Commission has asked Google for more information about its planned $12.5 billion deal to buy Android smartphone maker Motorola Mobility, and has suspended its approval process until it has all the documentation it needs, a spokeswoman fo...
China has approved Seagate Technology's proposed acquisition of Samsung Electronics' hard disk drive (HDD) business, but with conditions, including measures to minimize potential price increases after the deal, the country's Ministry of Commerce said...
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure DesignerVIC
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC