Microsoft is encouraging academic and enthusiast programmers to experiment with Kinect by downloading the free beta of the device's software development kit. The SDK is compatible with Windows 7 and includes drivers and APIs for the device, allowing ...
The history of technological media is littered with platforms we no longer use. Often called "dead media," many of them actually live on in technologies that are widely used today, and can teach us much about how to design platforms for the future, a...
Debbie Crowell never ordered the iPhone, but thanks to a hacking group known as Lulzsec, she spent a good part of her Thursday morning trying to get US$712.00 in charges reversed after someone broke into her Amazon account and ordered it.
Texas Instruments said Thursday it has agreed to license two patents from Eolas Technologies, which two years ago sued more than 20 companies for alleged patent infringement including TI, Google, Yahoo, Apple and Amazon.com.
No, there may not be any sweeping sunrises or Elton John songs to show us the way, but nevertheless: Lion is coming.
If you’ve ever spent a Saturday watching male figure skating because you couldn't find the remote, you may welcome the news from Griffin that its Beacon Universal Remote Control for iOS (first demoed at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show) is now avai...
There's no shortage of terrible to-do apps in the Android Market, yet there are only a few good ones. Astrid ranks high on the short list of great Android productivity tools.
Yahoo is lumbering into the app search game, years behind smaller, nimbler competitors.
Research In Motion missed analysts' lowered revenue forecasts for its fiscal first quarter and said its outlook for the second quarter was lower than expected, as it reported its first-quarter results Thursday.
Salesforce.com is ready to help customers turn their businesses into "social enterprises," CEO Marc Benioff said Thursday during the on-demand software vendor's Cloudforce event in Boston.
Google has launched an affiliate program for its <a href="http://books.google.com/help/ebooks/overview.html">eBooks</a> service, offering to pay commissions to Web publishers who promote titles on their sites and send buyers to Google's online bookst...
Microsoft on Thursday released a beta version of a software development kit that lets hobbyists build applications for the Kinect sensor.
Going to an ATM can be an unnerving, vulnerable experience: You're faced against a wall, taking out cash with little visibility as to whom is watching you.
In the future, when an administrator does a server build, he or she may be adding a MapReduce library to the usual stack of server, database and middleware software.
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Business AnalystWA
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCLabour Stream LeadVIC
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW