Informatica has modified its business intelligence software so that it can work with Cloudera's Hadoop distribution, the two companies announced Monday.
Do you need to create your own search engine that provides results about a specific topic, also known as vertical search? A new company called Blekko aims to help you do just that by drilling down into Web content using what the company calls "slasht...
Enomaly has launched a compute market that will let anyone shop for low-cost, no-frills compute power offered by a variety of providers.
Apple's patent lawsuit against Motorola is just another thread in a rather complicated litigation web, but it's also unique for busting out multi-touch, a hallmark feature of modern smartphones.
Have you ever participated in an online meeting or video conference where you've logged in at the correct time -- or ten minutes early as directed by the meeting invite -- and then sat through thirty minutes or more of frustration and troubleshooting...
US antivirus vendor Webroot has bought UK-based Prevx in an acquisition that looks like the latest symptom of the growing dissatisfaction among security companies with the current signature-based scanning model for detecting malware.
We're tickled to announce a new alliance between Network World and online training provider Webucator. Network World has teamed up with Webucator, a provider of SharePoint2010 training, to give away SharePoint classes for up to three people. If you'r...
Following up on a successful bug bounty program that pays hackers for finding security flaws in its Chrome browser, Google now says that it will pay cash for security bugs reported on its websites.
Popularity of the Google Android mobile operating system is showing no signs of slowing down, with the OS being found in 44 per cent of smartphones purchased during Q3.
Facebook is punishing several application developers for passing certain information to a data broker in the latest move by the social networking site to control growing concerns over privacy.
The version 8 beta release of Google's Web browser has several new and interesting features.
Android-powered smartphones outsold iPhones in the U.S. by almost 2-to-1 in the third quarter, a research firm said today.
Microsoft's claim that Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and IE9 beat the usage share gains posted by Chrome last month don't hold up, according to the data the company cited Monday.
The London Stock Exchange has postponed the launch of its Linux-based IT system for cash markets, after a third live test was completed with customers over the weekend.
Owners of Sony Ericsson's Xperia X8 will get an upgrade to Android version 2.1 before the end of the year, a company spokesman said on Monday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Apple's iCloud targeted in man-in-the-middle attack in China
- 3D-printed gun maker draws jail term in Japan
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW