Samsung beat Apple to the top position in the smartphone market in the third quarter taking a 23.8 percent share of the global market to Apple's 14.6 percent, according to data released Friday by research firm Strategy Analytics.
Online mobile phone store MobiCity has claimed it has scored a "world exclusive" by becoming the first online retail outlet to sell a grey import version of the Samsung Galaxy Note Android phone.
Samsung Electronics is aiming to launch mobile phones with flexible displays next year, with tablets and other portable devices to have these displays soon after.
China's largest search engine Baidu reported that net profit in the third quarter was up 80 percent year-on-year, as the company saw strong growth in website traffic, and benefited from improvements made to its online ad services.
By launching the Open Compute Project as a stand-alone foundation, Facebook is hoping to further standardize the market for data center equipment, thereby reducing costs and vendor lock-in, the new foundation's board members said at a press conferenc...
World Tech Update
Coming up on World Tech Update this week: Nokia launches two Windows Phones, Sony buys Sony Ericsson, Amazon boosts Kindle Fire production, Wikileaks stops publishing classified files and new technology tracks researchers at MIT.
IBM intends to make the security information and event management (SIEM) technology gained through the acquisition of Q1 Labs, which was officially closed yesterday, the centerpiece of IBM's broad security product portfolio.
Fabless semi-conductor maker LSI Corp. today announced it will acquire SandForce, the leading maker of flash memory controllers for enterprise-class and consumer flash cards and SSDs. The buyout catapults LSI into the leadership position in SATA SSD ...
The city of San Francisco can't make retailers display signs and stickers with information about cellphone health risks, but it can require retailers to give customers an information sheet about it, a federal judge ruled on Thursday.
Google+ usage has increased in October compared with last month, but the social networking site couldn't sustain a dramatic one-week surge that took place after it became publicly available on Sept. 20, according to Experian Hitwise.
ARM's new 64-bit ARMv8 architecture could be used in tablets and smartphones in a few years, which could help deliver better performance when running demanding applications such as video, analysts said on Thursday.
Android is the leading smartphone platform with a diverse array of devices available from a variety of manufacturers, and from virtually every wireless carrier. As capable as the Android OS might be, though, its diversity is also one of its greatest ...
When you show up late to a party, you should at least bring a bottle of wine (or a case of beer depending on the party). Nokia's highly-anticipated launch of Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" smartphones comes fairly late in the game, and doesn't seem to add...
Motorola Mobility reported a net loss of US$32 million, or $0.11 a share, on net revenue of $3.26 billion for the third quarter, as the phone maker prepares to become a part of Google.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
- Dash cam review: The Thinkware F770 works with your smartphone
- Dash cam review: Garmin's DriveAssist 50LMT is first-class almost all the way
- Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- CCSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC