Might solar energy provide the power needed to send cars up a space elevator? Could you build one fat elevator and split it into two? Can as many as six cars travel up and down a space elevator?
Advanced Micro Devices is looking at the costs of software licensing and taxes<strong> </strong>as it aims to reduce the number of data centers worldwide, company officials said this week.
Samsung will head to court on Aug. 25 to defend its right to sell the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in most of Europe, following a preliminary injunction Apple obtained earlier this week at a court in Düsseldorf.
Scrambling to deter future violent rioting, the U.K. government is considering shutting down social networks such as Twitter and Facebook during civil disturbances, but the heavy-handed proposal is already drawing criticism.
Altaro Software has started shipping Hyper-V Backup, a product designed to make it easier for small and medium-size companies to protect the data on their virtual servers.
Acer on Friday started shipping a US$329 Iconia Tab A100 tablet, which the company says is the first tablet with a 7-inch screen to run Android 3.2.
The Chinese city of Kunming has stopped 22 fake Apple stores from illegally using the company's iconic trademarks after Apple lodged a complaint with authorities.
Reports of an upcoming and as-yet-unnannounced Counter-Strike game have appeared around the Internet within the last hour. Posts on Facebook and the Steam forums
LinkedIn will make changes to a "social advertising" feature that sparked criticism for using members' names and photographs in advertisements on its website.
As you're reading this article, developers, engineers, and product designers are working on the next great mobile technology. The mobile world is rapidly changing: Smartphones have gone from portable messaging and email devices to streaming-video mac...
A California district attorney's office has decided not to press charges against either Gizmodo or former Gizmodo editor Jason Chen for purchasing an iPhone 4 prototype in March 2010 and exposing it to the world.
Heartland Payment Systems today unveiled a mobile-payment device for merchants called "Mobuyle" that works with any Android phone or tablet to handle customer card payments.
British Prime Minister David Cameron said Thursday he is considering a ban on social networking to help curb the riots that have rocked the country.
Google yesterday asked the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC) to block the testimony of a Microsoft expert witness in the latter's 10-month-old action against Motorola over patents allegedly used by Android.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW