The Dutch Green party has called for a change in the law so that sales of surveillance technology would be banned to countries that violate human rights, with the European commissioner for the digital agenda saying that she shares those concerns.
The European Parliament on Thursday approved plans to force large electronic retailers to take back old equipment.
Apple has bought traditional textbooks to the digital age with the new iBooks 2, a tablet application that will bring in support for multimedia textbooks for a more interactive and engaging learning experience.
An inconsistency in how Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) encodes double quotes in URIs (uniform resource identifiers) can facilitate cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks, researchers from security firm Imperva claim.
McAfee expects to patch by Thursday two problems with its SaaS Total Protection antimalware service, one of which lets an attacker use a computer as a spam relay.
ZestCash, a startup that aims to disrupt the "payday" loans market with new search and data analysis techniques for underwriting loans, has closed a US$73 million round of funding.
Sony Ericsson reported a net loss and a fall in revenue for the fourth quarter, further highlighting the struggles of many vendors who rely on Google's Android to power its smartphones.
Struggling Eastman Kodak said Thursday that it and its U.S. subsidiaries have filed for Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code to reorganize its business.
China plans to require users of the country's Twitter-like microblogs to register with their real identities, and has already begun trials of the system in five cities, according to a Chinese official.
Microsoft and Epic have released the third major game add-on for Gears of War 3, "Fenix Rising", on Xbox LIVE.
Lawmakers opposing the controversial Stop Online Piracy Act have introduced alternative legislation in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Struggling Eastman Kodak Co. on Wednesday charged Samsung with infringing five of its patents in the Galaxy Tab.
Google has built the WebRTC technology into a test version of Chrome to let the browser run voice and video chat applications within the browser interface.
Telstra and HTC today confirmed that Australia's first 4G smartphone -- the HTC Velocity 4G -- will be available to purchase from Tuesday 24 January.
Red Hat has released the third version of its Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization RHEV virtualization software package, which includes improvements that would make it suitable for larger deployments, and a new console for self-provisioning.
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD