There were weak spots in the last quarter of 2011 for sector bellwethers Google, IBM, Intel and Microsoft, but corporate demand for technology appeared to remain resilient going into what is expected to be a year of slower growth for global IT spendi...
Websites that load the top of their pages with ads, forcing visitors to scroll down to view content, will take a hit on their Google rankings.
A judge on Friday shot down Oracle's offer to put its Java patent-infringement claims against Google over the Android mobile OS on hold, in exchange for a speedier trial on its copyright claims.
Intel has shuffled management as it enters a new fiscal year, appointing a new chief operating officer and new heads to run the PC and datacenter groups.
The OpenSSL Project has released new versions of the popular OpenSSL library in order to address a denial-of-service (DoS) vulnerability that was introduced by a critical patch issued on Jan. 6.
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has postponed a vote on the controversial Protect IP Act, scheduled for Tuesday, as a growing number of senators voice opposition to the copyright enforcement bill.
Europe's Commissioner in charge of the digital agenda has asked the public what it thinks about the shutdown of file-sharing site Megaupload by U.S. authorities.
Researchers showcased unpatched security flaws in software used to control critical industrial systems by oil, gas, water and electrical distribution plants at the 2012 SCADA Security Scientific Symposium (S4) on Thursday.
Telecommunications vendors Ericsson and ZTE have signed a global cross-licensing agreement and both parties have also agreed to drop all pending litigation, Ericsson said on Friday.
The district court in Mannheim, Germany has decided that Apple did not infringe on a patent asserted by Samsung Electronics against the iPhone and iPad, as the legal battle between the two companies continues unabated.
India's Supreme Court has ruled that Vodafone did not have to withhold tax from Hutchison Telecommunications when buying its stake in 2007 in Indian mobile operator, Hutchison Essar, Vodafone said on Friday.
Nokia plans to launch a Windows Phone 7 handset for the Chinese market in the first half of this year, positioning itself to be among the first companies to officially bring Microsoft's mobile OS to the country, a Nokia spokesman said Friday.
Wipro's IT services revenue grew 12 percent year on year in U.S. dollar terms in the quarter ended Dec. 31, but its growth lags behind Indian outsourcing peers such as Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
The hacker group Anonymous is claiming responsibility for attacks that have taken down websites run by Universal Music, the U.S. Department of Justice and the Recording Industry Association of America in retaliation for the government's removal of th...
IBM brought its fiscal 2011 year to a close with modest gains in both revenue and net income, the company reported Thursday.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTContracts ManagerNSW