Rhapsody has acquired the Napster service in the U.K. and Germany, following up on its acquisition last year of Napster's U.S. operations from Best Buy.
The 4G network standards approved last week by the ITU may improve the mobile data experience soon, even if consumers don't actually see the 100M bps mobile speed for which they were designed.
SAP plans to roll out support for the ERP module within its flagship Business Suite product family on the HANA in-memory database platform in the fourth quarter of this year, executive board member and technology chief Vishal Sikka said in an intervi...
HP announced on Wednesday that it plans to release the code behind webOS in September under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
Data protection and online privacy rules proposed for the European Union could hinder the development of new Web-based business models and bog down companies with regulations, some U.S. critics said Wednesday.
Motorola has filed a new lawsuit in Florida charging Apple with infringing six patents in the iPhone 4S and four of those patents in iCloud.
IT professionals believe that assessing the potential harm caused by data breaches is more useful to mitigating the effects of such incidents than notifying affected individuals, according to a survey published on the day the European Union's propose...
Europe's proposed new laws on data protection are burdensome and expensive, but may give companies incentive to put more measures in place to secure data, according to representatives of business interests.
Internet users in the European Union will benefit from greater control over their personal data if new proposals to reform the Data Protection Directive are implemented.
Tibco has added geolocation technology to its Tibbr enterprise social-networking platform, in a move that will allow companies to use physical spaces as "data hubs," or launching points for information delivery and collection.
Amazon Web Services has launched a public beta test of AWS Storage Gateway, which allows enterprises to back up application data in Amazon's cloud using a software appliance, the company said on Tuesday.
A proposed new data-protection law for the European Union includes fines of up to two percent of global turnover for companies that breach the rules, E.U. Justice Commissioner Viviane Reding announced Wednesday.
Teleconferencing vendors say they're trying to strike the right balance between security and usability after security researchers found they could dial in to the conference lines of major companies and manipulate video cameras to spy on boardrooms.
SAP said it had exceeded its guidance for revenue and profit in 2011, its best year in its 40-year history, and was positioned to exceed its revenue target of €20 billion (US$26 billion) in 2015.
Back in the 1990s, Sega decided (perhaps due to the troubled Sega Saturn) to exit the 32-bit generation of video consoles early in order to bring out a 128-bit console: the Dreamcast. The Dreamcast was launched in 1998, a couple of years ahead of the...
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW