With the resignation of Steve Jobs as CEO on Wednesday, Tim Cook, long seen as "the operations guy" at Apple, must prove he is capable of taking full charge of the company.
Despite Google+'s making a huge splash in the social networking world, rivals Facebook and Twitter continue to grow at dramatic rates.
Facebook announced Tuesday that it will be introducing a handful of privacy changes to their 750 million users. AllthingsD reports that the new privacy features will go into effect on August 25, initially to only one percent of all Facebook users.
Facebook isn't just rolling out new sharing features similar to Googe+, the company is altering its location-based check-in service, Places.
Steve Jobs stepped down as Apple's CEO on Wednesday and Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook was named as his replacement. Jobs will remain with the company as chairman of the board.
Steve Jobs sent the following letter to Apple employees and board members upon his resignation as CEO Wednesday.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
The Google +1 button just got a lot more useful -- and a lot more like Facebook's "Like" button -- by adding the ability to share +1 recommendations with other people on Google+.
Here is the full text of Steve Jobs' resignation letter:
Apple's iconic CEO, Steve Jobs, is resigning and has asked the company's board of directors to tap COO Tim Cook as his replacement.
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has stepped down from his position as CEO of the company and Tim Cook, Apple's chief operating officer, has been named to take the helm, Apple announced Wednesday.
Developers of the Apache open-source project today warned users of the popular Web server software that a denial-of-service (DoS) tool is circulating that exploits a bug in the program.
Apple will post two bumper quarters for iPhone production in the second half of 2011, according to FBR Capital Markets analyst Craig Berger.
Here is the text of a letter sent by Steve Jobs to Apple employees, as he announced his resignation as Apple's CEO on Wednesday.
Privacy advocates and security experts have given Facebook a preliminary thumbs-up on the upcoming changes designed to improve privacy controls on its site.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA