Samsung has announced profits shot up in the three-month period through December, with a big boost from its burgeoning lineup of smartphones and tablets.
Twitter can now remove tweets from users' feeds in specific countries while keeping them visible elsewhere, according to <a href="http://blog.twitter.com/2012/01/tweets-still-must-flow.html">a post</a> on the company's blog on Thursday.
Panasonic launched a wireless broadband service in Japan this week that is intended to encourage customers to use its coming wave of Internet-ready appliances and services.
World Tech Update
World Tech Update
Amid renewed reports of poor working conditions at factories making Apple products in China, it's unclear whether customers will demand change.
Losses grew at Motorola in the fourth quarter as regulatory investigations into its proposed acquisition by Google drag on, legal battles pile up and competition grows.
Bucking the trend of increasingly experimental desktop interfaces, the developers behind the Linux Mint are adopting a simpler desktop for the next version of the open-source Linux distribution.
Google's decision this week to share user data across its online services has caught the attention of eight members of the U.S. House of Representatives, with the lawmakers asking whether the changes will compromise privacy.
Washington's attorney general announced two new lawsuits against Adscend Media, a company that allegedly has been earning US$20 million a year using a Facebook scam.
If a new proposal by Oracle is accepted, oversight of Java technical standards will fall under the auspices of a single committee, rather than the current system, which has separate entities for Java EE/SE and ME.
Google+ is now officially welcoming teenagers and tailoring the experience of the social networking site for them by making it more restrictive and potentially safer.
Cloud security vendor Zscaler has launched a new free-to-use online service called <a href="http://zulu.zscaler.com">Zulu</a> that can assess the security risk associated with URLs by analyzing the content they point to, as well as the reputation of ...
Intel on Thursday said it had agreed to purchase RealNetworks streaming media patents and video codecs in a bid to improve the multimedia experience delivered through devices based on its chips.
The European Union signed up to the controversial Anti Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) on Thursday despite widespread opposition, particularly in Poland, where people took to the streets in protest.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- TPIteration Lead - .NetQLD