Security researchers from antivirus vendor Trend Micro have come across a Web-based attack that exploits a known vulnerability in Windows Media Player.
CloudPassage is launching a new security product for virtual servers in public clouds such as Amazon Web Services that it says takes care of the all-important need for security when using services from infrastructure providers.
The district court in Mannheim, Germany, has again sided with Apple in a patent suit brought by Samsung Electronics, saying on Friday that the company had not infringed on a second patent asserted by Samsung against the iPhone and iPad.
Apple has emerged as the number one smartphone vendor worldwide in the fourth quarter of 2011, by a small margin, after losing ground to Samsung in the previous quarter, research firms Strategy Analytics and IHS iSuppli said.
Nintendo said Friday its next-generation Wii U game console will launch in time for the holiday season in the U.S., Europe and Japan.
Samsung has announced profits shot up in the three-month period through December, with a big boost from its burgeoning lineup of smartphones and tablets.
Twitter can now remove tweets from users' feeds in specific countries while keeping them visible elsewhere, according to <a href="http://blog.twitter.com/2012/01/tweets-still-must-flow.html">a post</a> on the company's blog on Thursday.
Panasonic launched a wireless broadband service in Japan this week that is intended to encourage customers to use its coming wave of Internet-ready appliances and services.
World Tech Update
World Tech Update
Amid renewed reports of poor working conditions at factories making Apple products in China, it's unclear whether customers will demand change.
Losses grew at Motorola in the fourth quarter as regulatory investigations into its proposed acquisition by Google drag on, legal battles pile up and competition grows.
Bucking the trend of increasingly experimental desktop interfaces, the developers behind the Linux Mint are adopting a simpler desktop for the next version of the open-source Linux distribution.
Google's decision this week to share user data across its online services has caught the attention of eight members of the U.S. House of Representatives, with the lawmakers asking whether the changes will compromise privacy.
Washington's attorney general announced two new lawsuits against Adscend Media, a company that allegedly has been earning US$20 million a year using a Facebook scam.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk/Junior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW