Outsourcing declined worldwide by 18 percent to US$16.4 billion in the second quarter because of weak demand in the Americas and an overall drop in the number of large contracts awarded, sourcing data and advisory firm TPI said on Wednesday.
Acer said Thursday it plans to acquire iGware, a cloud technology company in the U.S., for US$320 million, as part of a plan to allow users to more easily share content across the PC maker's products.
An employee of Foxconn fell to his death in China earlier this week, just a year after a string of suicides at its facilities in the country.
Wolfram Research, the maker of the popular Mathematica computational software, has released a new platform for visualizing and interacting with complex data sets, the company announced Thursday.
Last night, the online Australian Apple Store mysteriously disappeared... and when it returned, it was packed to the brim with new toys. There's a new MacBook Air, new Mac Mini, new unified Thunderbolt Display, and a new OSX Lion operating system to ...
OS X Lion is out in Australia, and it comes as standard on all Macs from now on. It's a cheap upgrade for anyone with a pre-existing copy of OS X Snow Leopard, coming in at only $31.99. It's a 4GB file, and Apple is advising users without broadband t...
In addition to bringing Thunderbolt to the MacBook Air and to the Mac mini, lightning has struck one of Apple’s other products: its 27-inch display. On Wednesday, the company updated its monitor to bring support for the new high-speed connection, as ...
In case you hadn't noticed, Apple released a minor software update to its Mac OS on Wednesday, along with some modest updates to its hardware. However, the company also released a handful of new updates to its utilities and applications to add suppor...
Apple today launched OS X Lion, the first major upgrade to its operating system software in two years.
Mobile-phone companies and aid agencies have talked for years about deploying feature phones, coupled with basic text information services about the weather and crop pricing, to empower poor people in undeveloped parts of the world. Now, the Grameen ...
If you're concerned that Rupert Murdoch or anyone else might be snooping on your voicemails, never fear: the CTIA wireless association is here to help.
Now that summer is in full swing, it's natural for IT shops to be concerned about keeping their data centers cool. But with limited budgets, keeping the data center operating efficiently without blowing the utility bill out of the water can be a chal...
Oracle and Google will be back in court Thursday for what's likely to be a short but significant hearing in the legal battle over Google's alleged patent infringement in Android.
The MacBook Air line wasn’t the only Mac hardware to get a Thunderbolt-inspired makeover Wednesday. Apple also added a Thunderbolt port to its Mac mini desktop, which sports new processors and discrete graphics as well.
On Wednesday, simultaneous with the release of Mac OS X Lion, Apple announced the impending release of new MacBook Air models. The new editions of Apple's lightweight 11- and 13-inch laptops have received a major boost in speed and connectivity: They...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW