Microsoft is expected to offer a first look at its forthcoming OS, Windows 8, on a tablet PC at the onsumer Electronics Show next year.
Wikileaks.org, the whistleblower organization's main Web site, is back up in the U.S. less than 10 days after domain name service provider EveryDNS terminated the domain name, citing stability concerns.
Dozens of groups that have supported efforts at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to create network neutrality rules have voiced opposition to a proposal from agency Chairman Julius Genachowski in recent days.
Nokia is planning to roll out four or five upgrades to its Symbian OS in the next 12 to 15 months, adding a new look for the user interface and a more flexible home screen as it tries to make its struggling operating system relevant again, according ...
At next month's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Microsoft will demonstrate a number of new Windows-run tablets and possibly even an early version of the next generation Windows 8 operating system, according to reports.
As part of its effort to involve the Ubuntu community in making its Linux distribution better, the Ubuntu Technical Board last week published a list of some of the most popular recent suggestions for inclusion in a future version of the open source o...
WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was granted bail on Tuesday in a London court, but the police will keep his passport and he'll have to wear an electronic tag, according to the BBC.
Microsoft today patched 40 vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office, SharePoint and Exchange, including nine pegged "critical."
The UK's national security advisor has warned that government websites used to upload tax returns or claims benefits are at risk of attack from hackers who support <a href="http://wikileaks.org">WikiLeaks</a>.
Chrome OS notebooks won't be for sale until mid-2011, but some tech writers are getting a taste with the Cr-48, Google's unbranded Chrome OS test notebook.
If you think your Gawker account has been compromised by this weekend's attack and you want to cancel it, you can't.
Laptops can be stolen. Neoflyer asked the PCWorld.com Answer Line forum for tips on protecting them.
McDonald's is warning customers to be on guard against identity theft, phishing attacks, or other scams thanks to a data breach. What makes the data compromise more concerning is that it is indicative of a growing hacker strategy to go for the low-ha...
Hollywood makes secure flash storage look easy. If the bad guy steals a thumb drive, it either blows up or some secret counterintelligence agency marshals the nation's resources in a no-holds-barred data hunt -- most likely with Bruce Willis or Tommy...
National broadband company iiNet has extended its popular BoB integrated ADSL router product line with what it has billed as the first product to come out of its new in-house development labs -- a younger sibling dubbed BoB Lite.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Why is Microsoft updating Windows PCs for a security bug on the server?
- Prices for 4K monitors sink below $500
- Apple's $450 million e-books settlement gets final approval
- Reports: EU taking first step towards breaking up Google
- US man sentenced for hacking POS systems at Subway
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT