Android fans should expect to see Ice Cream Sandwich, the next version of Google's mobile operating system, in October or November, according to Google’s executive chairman, Eric Schmidt. "We have a new [Android] operating system, internally known as...
Scarcely a day goes by without an update being released for one Linux distribution or another, but today saw the launch of one I think is worth some attention.
The hackers who broke into EMC's RSA Security division last March used the same attack code to try to break into several other companies, including two U.S. national security organizations, according to data provided by the VirusTotal website.
LightSquared's proposed 4G mobile network on satellite frequencies would hinder hurricane and tornado tracking, earthquake reporting and the prediction of floods and volcanic eruptions, federal officials told Congress on Thursday.
The U.S. Senate has voted to approve a major overhaul of the nation's patent system, with the legislation allowing a new kind of challenge to patents granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Advanced Micro Devices this week said it has shipped the first 16-core chips for servers, which is a positive step ahead for the company as it tries to reverse its sagging fortunes in the server market.
World Tech Update, IFA Special
Mozilla issued a Do Not Track Field Guide to encourage advertisers and publishers to implement do-not-track (DNT) functionality.
The strength of the once-prosperous Wintel alliance could be tested at Intel's developer show next week as the chip maker and Microsoft adapt to a market shift from PCs to mobile devices such as tablets, analysts said this week.
Twitter has 100 million active users, half of which log on to the microblogging site every day, the company has said.
Smartphones can help you record video clips, compose music and find the nearest Ethiopian restaurant, but they can't cure acne, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission said.
Intel has invested US$24 million in seven software companies building products in areas it sees as important to its future, mostly to do with cloud-based services, the company has announced.
The next version of the Microsoft's desktop OS, code-named "Windows 8", will include the ability to run other OSes in virtualized containers, the company has announced.
Following the high-profile hack of DigiNotar, the makers of the Firefox browser are asking issuers of digital certificates to take a hard look at their internal security and to report back in a week.
Microsoft's Dynamics AX 2012 ERP (enterprise-resource-planning) software suite is now available in 25 countries, with special incentives for customers willing to switch from rival platforms sold by Lawson Software, Microsoft announced Thursday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW