Steve Appleton, chairman and CEO of memory and semiconductor maker Micron, was killed in a small plane accident in Boise, Idaho, on Friday.
Lync Online, the instant messaging, online meeting and PC-to-PC voice and video communications tool in Office 365, will gain interoperability with non-Microsoft IM networks.
Dell's formation of a new software group, which was <a href="http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/careers/3334951/dell-forms-software-group-names-john-swainson-as-head/">announced Thursday</a>, could be the forerunner to a string of acquisitions by th...
Apple on Friday removed some of its products from its online store serving Germany due to a court injunction in its dispute with Motorola, but shortly after it removed the products a suspension of that injunction allowed Apple to again start selling ...
Some critics have blamed Silicon Valley tech firms for the massive online protests last month against two controversial copyright bills. Other groups have trumpeted the grassroots nature of the protests.
Digital rights groups in Europe have called for a ban on blanket data retention after a leaked internal memo from the European Commission admitted that there are significant problems with the current E.U. Data Retention Directive.
The politically-motivated hacking group Anonymous released on Friday a 17-minute recording of a conference call between U.S. and British law enforcement agents coordinating an ongoing investigation into the group.
The PHP Group <a href="http://www.php.net/archive/2012.php#id2012-02-02-1">released PHP 5.3.10</a> on Thursday in order to address a critical security flaw that can be exploited to execute arbitrary code on servers running an older version of the Web...
India initiated plans Friday to auction 2G spectrum, a day after the country's Supreme Court ordered licenses and spectrum issued in 2008 to be canceled, as they had been purchased by business entities that manipulated the system.
Researchers from security vendor Symantec have identified a new premium-rate SMS Android Trojan horse that modifies its code every time it gets downloaded in order to bypass antivirus detection.
Research in Motion is trying to woo developers by giving a free BlackBerry Playbook tablet to coders who port their Android application for its BlackBerry Tablet OS.
Video games are big business and convincing consumers to buy the latest game is a challenge many developers and publishers have to contend with. Companies try to come up with innovative and memorable ways to market their products to stand out in a cr...
Facebook may end up being the biggest name on the IPO calendar this year, but it's also part of a trend in which technology, and particularly Internet companies, are outpacing public offerings from businesses in other sectors.
Enterprises can track assets all over the world using one M2M (machine-to-machine) device with both CDMA and GSM radios, announced on Thursday by Sprint and partner OnAsset Intelligence.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT