The personal computer isn't dying, but its days of dominance are numbered. Research firm IDC predicts the number of U.S. mobile Internet users will surpass their wired counterparts by 2015.
If you read much about tech, you've undoubtedly been told by some snarky writer that if you're not headed for the cloud, you're hopelessly unhip, behind the times, and probably overweight. You know -- the cloud, that repository of all things digital ...
Objective-C, used for developing Apple iOS applications, climbs to No. 6 in the monthly Tiobe Programming Community index for most popular programming languages, after being ranked at number 8 a year ago. Also posting gains, C# rose to No. 4, a jump ...
Apple reportedly will send the Golden Master version of its iOS 5 mobile operating system to manufacturing partners around the last week of September, and that means a new iPhone could be on the way shortly thereafter.
Intel plans to show Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 on tablets based on new Atom processors, and on ultrabooks, at both the Intel Developer Forum and Microsoft's BUILD conference this week, according to a source familiar with Intel's plans.
Technology services and consulting company Accenture has agreed to pay $US63.7 million to resolve whistleblower allegations that it participated in a large-scale kickbacks scheme involving U.S. government contracts, the U.S. Department of Justice ann...
The widespread adoption of HTML5 for Web apps could cut Apple's operation profit growth by 30 percent, with Microsoft, Google and carriers benefiting, Bernstein Research predicted.
Intel and challenger ARM are set for a PC showdown this week as competition heats up to redefine the laptop and reverse the sagging fortunes of the PC market.
Name: Kon Leong, ZL Technologies CEO, who also has CFO responsibilities
Hewett-Packard is expanding its Enterprise Security Solutions portfolio to help businesses deal with persistent security threats from cloud computing and social media.
The European Union's General Affairs Council on Monday approved plans to establish a pan-European agency to manage its large-scale IT systems.
Despite last-ditch attempts last week by 41 European parliamentarians to block it, the European General Affairs Council on Monday approved plans to extend the copyright protection time for music recordings from 50 years to 70 years.
Qualcomm has expanded its product portfolio for femtocells with a chipset that will allow the small base stations to handle up to 32 active users, opening the door for use in enterprises and metro networks, the company said on Monday.
Touch specialist Synaptics is working on technologies that will allow touchscreens to mimic the feel of a physical keypad, in order to make smartphones easier to use, according to company technology strategist Andrew Hsu.
Broadcom has agreed to acquire communications processor company NetLogics Microsystems for $US3.7 billion.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTSOE Operations SpecialistACT
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCSAP Test AnalystACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCData and Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia