KDDI, which runs Japan's second-largest mobile carrier, will offer the iPhone 5 from early 2012, ending Softbank's monopoly of the device in Japan, the country's largest business newspaper reported Thursday.
Long-awaited talking digital TV set-top boxes have finally been made available for sale in Australia, after a lengthy testing and trial period. The boxes are not yet confirmed as part of the Australian Government's Household Assistance Scheme for the...
The Internet was in an uproar earlier this year following Facebook's launch of facial recognition software for its photo services, enabling users to identify their friends in photos automatically--and without their permission. Though critics describe...
Microsoft will begin delivering the new version of Windows Phone 7, code-named Mango, to its customers within the next two weeks, the company announced Wednesday.
It seems safe to say that a sizable proportion of Linux PC users in the world today installed the free and open source operating system on hardware that originally came loaded with Windows. After all, while there are preloaded systems available, it o...
Do you happen to be one of those people that really love Mac OS X Lion? Or perhaps, on the other end of the spectrum, you feel Lion's a bit too much like iOS? Well, now it's more than just similar, because if you happen to have an iPhone or iPod Touc...
When it comes to social engineering attacks, larger companies attract more of them, and when they are victimized it costs more per incident, according to a survey sponsored by Check Point.
As Netflix commits its future to streaming movies to customers, it relies almost exclusively on cloud services for its infrastructure, raising security concerns that require a new way of thinking, the company's cloud security architect says.
With the proliferation of data breaches, The Harford insurance company is selling a new data loss insurance aimed at small businesses that might be put at financial risk if they lose valuable and sensitive data.
Adobe on Wednesday patched six vulnerabilities in Flash Player, including one it admitted is already being exploited by attackers.
Even if you're comfortable with the iPad 2's on-screen keyboard and can happily tap out a status update or quick email, you might not want to use it for tasks like writing a lengthy report. One option is to ditch the tablet for a full-fledged laptop ...
The latest social engineering trick to get victims to open malicious email attachments accuses them of being spammers and threatens to sue them if they don't stop.
EMC's Greenplum subsidiary today announced a new capability to its Hadoop Data Computing Appliance (DCA) that allows users to mix and match unstructured and structured data analytics platforms.
Strangeloop is coming out with a Web-site optimizer that speeds up page builds on mobile devices based on Apple, Android and Microsoft operating systems.
Storage device manufacturer Imation Corp. has reached a deal to buy the hardware business of privately-held IronKey, best known for its highly secure USB flash drives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW