Fusion-io previewed a technology on Thursday that gives server CPUs more direct access to stored data, apparently achieving I/O performance far beyond that found in typical data centers.
One Laptop Per Child's XO-3 tablet is ready to ship after years in the making, and working units will be shown next week at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, OLPC founder and chairman Nicholas Negroponte said.
The cost of patent lawsuits and a more competitive market weighed down Motorola Mobility's fourth-quarter financial results, the company reported Friday in releasing preliminary numbers.
Tech stocks ended the first trading week of 2012 on an upbeat note even though both Forrester and Gartner this week forecast slowing growth in IT spending, due mainly to concerns about the global economy.
Surfers around the world are getting ready to honor Surfline founder and president Sean Collins, who died December 26 from a sudden heart attack. He was 59-years-old. Collins turned a hobby into a profitable surf forecasting business relied-on by man...
Casio has developed a new way to send information between smartphones and other gadgets, encoding it visually in small sets of flashing pixels that appear on the screen of one device and are read by the camera of another.
A company making ARM processors used in inexpensive Chinese tablets hopes to make a splash in the U.S. and Europe this year and drive down prices of Android 4.0 tablets to under US$100.
Bing's Maps search engine has an improved capability for generating driving directions, according to Microsoft.
DataWind is targeting sales of about 6 million units of its low-cost tablet in India this year, but it has to arrange additional manufacturing capacity and strengthen its support network to meet what looks like an unexpected surge in demand, an execu...
WhatsApp has patched a security flaw in its WhatsApp Messenger mobile app after someone set up a website allowing anyone to change a user's status update.
Sony said Friday it will begin selling memory cards with write speeds of 125 Mbps, the fastest in the industry, from February.
Google said Thursday that TV heavyweights Samsung and LG will launch sets that run its Google TV platform, with new models to be showcased at the International Consumer Electronics Show next week in Las Vegas.
Bookseller Barnes & Noble is considering spinning off its Nook digital business to help it grow, following strong growth in sales of the Nook reader and tablet and digital content in the nine-week holiday period ending Dec. 31.
iPhone 4S users consume twice as much data as iPhone 4 users, signaling that operators will have to continue to battle with growing data volumes, according to a report published by network management software vendor Arieso.
Sprint Nextel will launch LTE in the first half of this year, most likely beginning in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, Texas, and Atlanta, the company announced on Thursday.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's Monitorless concept swaps your PC display for augmented sunglasses
- AMD Ryzen benchmark preview: Ryzen 7 outperforms Intel's best
- AMD's Ryzen launches March 2, outperforming Intel's Core i7 at a fraction of the price
- Optus leverages Huawei partnership to launch first Aussie first 4.5G network
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC