Samsung Electronics will break ground on a new NAND flash factory in China this year, a spokesman said Thursday, moving production closer to where many advanced devices are manufactured.
The U.S. Department of State said on Wednesday it is investigating Huawei Technologies for allegedly providing censorship and mobile phone tracking technology to Iran, following a request from six U.S. lawmakers.
Lenovo on Thursday announced ThinkPad laptops with cutting-edge technologies including Intel's upcoming third-generation Core processors and the Thunderbolt interconnect, which is currently found only on Apple laptops.
In an effort to challenge programmers worldwide, Facebook has brought back its <a href="https://www.facebook.com/hackercup">Hacker Cup</a> contest for a third round, the company announced Wednesday.
The International Consumer Electronics Show takes place next week in Las Vegas, and as always there will be plenty to trigger our technolust. Teaser press releases from exhibitors augur a new suite of super-thin laptops and mid-range tablets, plus In...
Oracle and Google have both won and lost in a number of their efforts to keep evidence out of the upcoming trial in Oracle's lawsuit against Google over the Android mobile OS. At issue is whether Google has infringed on Oracle's intellectual property...
Quanta Computer has filed a lawsuit in a California court against Advanced Micro Devices over faulty chips used in some computers, an accusation disputed by AMD.
The U.S. Department of State should investigate Huawei Technologies' reported sale of mobile phone tracking equipment to an Iranian mobile operator and consider sanctions against the Chinese company, six U.S. lawmakers said.
Oracle's lawsuit against Google over alleged Java patent and copyright violations in the Android mobile OS will go to trial as soon as mid-March after well over a year of heated back-and-forth wrangling between the two sides.
Broadcom will demonstrate silicon that can use the next-generation coaxial home networking standard, with a real-world speed of 400M bps, at the International Consumer Electronics Show next week.
A powerful bank-fraud software program, SpyEye, has been seen with a feature designed to keep victims in the dark long after fraud has taken place, according to security vendor Trusteer.
IBM is buying Green Hat, maker of automated testing tools for integration, SOA (service oriented architecture) implementations and cloud-based deployments, the company announced Wednesday. Terms of the deal were not provided.
Yahoo's board has chosen as the company's CEO Scott Thompson, president of eBay's PayPal, ending a four-month search after Carol Bartz was fired in early September.
Hewlett-Packard has launched the company's first 27-inch all-in-one PC, its most powerful HP Pavilion PC to date, and a monitor that connects to and charges some of its laptops using USB.
After nearly seven years of development and fine tuning, the Apache Hadoop data processing framework is finally ready for full production use, the developers of the software announced Wednesday.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
- PC World Test rig 2017
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW