Surfers around the world are getting ready to honor Surfline founder and president Sean Collins, who died December 26 from a sudden heart attack. He was 59-years-old. Collins turned a hobby into a profitable surf forecasting business relied-on by man...
Casio has developed a new way to send information between smartphones and other gadgets, encoding it visually in small sets of flashing pixels that appear on the screen of one device and are read by the camera of another.
A company making ARM processors used in inexpensive Chinese tablets hopes to make a splash in the U.S. and Europe this year and drive down prices of Android 4.0 tablets to under US$100.
Bing's Maps search engine has an improved capability for generating driving directions, according to Microsoft.
DataWind is targeting sales of about 6 million units of its low-cost tablet in India this year, but it has to arrange additional manufacturing capacity and strengthen its support network to meet what looks like an unexpected surge in demand, an execu...
WhatsApp has patched a security flaw in its WhatsApp Messenger mobile app after someone set up a website allowing anyone to change a user's status update.
Sony said Friday it will begin selling memory cards with write speeds of 125 Mbps, the fastest in the industry, from February.
Google said Thursday that TV heavyweights Samsung and LG will launch sets that run its Google TV platform, with new models to be showcased at the International Consumer Electronics Show next week in Las Vegas.
Bookseller Barnes & Noble is considering spinning off its Nook digital business to help it grow, following strong growth in sales of the Nook reader and tablet and digital content in the nine-week holiday period ending Dec. 31.
iPhone 4S users consume twice as much data as iPhone 4 users, signaling that operators will have to continue to battle with growing data volumes, according to a report published by network management software vendor Arieso.
Sprint Nextel will launch LTE in the first half of this year, most likely beginning in Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, Texas, and Atlanta, the company announced on Thursday.
Intel will make a major mobile push at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show, where it will likely announce smartphone customers and show off a Windows 8 tablet with its upcoming Atom chip code-named Clover Trail, a person familiar with the company'...
Oracle's impending upgrade to its support portal promises to deliver a "next-generation" experience, but some users are worried they'll endure another "fiasco" of the sort that <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9140613/Users_call_new_Or...
Early this year, the U.S. Congress appears likely to move forward with two controversial copyright enforcement bills, even with vocal and widespread opposition to the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act in the Internet community.
A pervasive worm has expanded its reach to now steal login and password details for Facebook users, warned security vendor Seculert, which found a server holding 45,000 login credentials.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- Google wants to bring smart tools to Raspberry Pi-like boards
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- FTSDLC CoordinatorACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD